Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is the Virgin Mobile Evo the 3D or V?

Tip us?

CodemasterRob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is the Virgin Mobile Evo the 3D or V?

I've recently gone through hell trying to root and install ROMs on my friend's HTC Evo for Virgin Mobile. Something I just noticed is that it seems the 3D and V are two variants of the same phone. Is the V the only version of the Evo on Virgin Mobile? If so, does this mean I should look for ROMs/root guides specifically for the V or should the 3D guides be exactly the same? The bootloader shows it as shooter, which means it's a CDMA 3D, but everything referring to Virgin Mobile shows the phone as the V. Can someone clear this up?

somekid15
Old
Thanks Meter 38
The virgin mobile variant of the 3d is the Evo V, only use ROMs from the CDMA dev thread or you will get bootloops

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to somekid15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CodemasterRob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by somekid15 View Post
The virgin mobile variant of the 3d is the Evo V, only use ROMs from the CDMA dev thread or you will get bootloops

Thanks. I've had a huge headache with my friend's Evo. It got stuck in a bootloop not because I'm not using CDMA ROMs, but because I can't find any ROMs that work with hboot 1.58. And any RUU I use tells me the hboot it's attempting to install is an older version and the update fails, so it's a real mess.

somekid15
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemasterRob View Post
Thanks. I've had a huge headache with my friend's Evo. It got stuck in a bootloop not because I'm not using CDMA ROMs, but because I can't find any ROMs that work with hboot 1.58. And any RUU I use tells me the hboot it's attempting to install is an older version and the update fails, so it's a real mess.
Most sense ROMs will work with hboot 1.58 and sometimes s-on,try those out

The Following User Says Thank You to somekid15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]