5,604,050 Members 45,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Increase kindle headset volume on CM 11?

Tip us?

nattan920
Old
(Last edited by nattan920; 17th January 2014 at 06:20 PM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Increase kindle headset volume on CM 11?

Currently I have my kindle hooked up to my 5.1 system and the sound is horribly low. I have the kindle turned up to 100% and id have to turn my system up at least 20 to hear it ( i normally keep it on 2-3 and it is very loud from my pc ), the issue is sometimes i forget that i was listing to music on the kindle and get sound shocked when i turn on the pc and windows is 10x louder than it normally is.

In short, i don't plan to use a headset with the kindle so turning up the sound internally would be very useful for me, is there a way to do so?

What I have tried:
-3rd party apps from the app store to boost sound, none seemed to work.

also tried:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400231

but i was unable to locate the correct file, not sure if it is due to cm11? guess its only for sg3?

Edit: Solved

It was under:
Device/ect/ "mixer_paths.xml"
ended up changing:
<ctl name="Digital Playback Volume" value="100"/> ( original 95)
<ctl name="Headpone Volume" value="126"/> ( original was 116 or so )
Torrent on your phone like a boss

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 505

DONATE TO ME
Personally I would recommend viper4android over raising that value because it has quality controls for raising the audio and you can mess with adding all of bass and such since you mentioned you had it on surround sound. Raising that value can make the sound coming from the kindle sound how should I put it, like there's to much pre-amp I guess is one way to look at it, basically gives it that annoying static sound like it was boosted too much.

Sorry I don't have a link handy, just search it on Google and download it from the xda forum post, don't use a version in the google play market if its there because I think its old last I checked.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null