[Q] No wifi after rom flash

OP PastoralPipes

11th January 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Greetings, I've seen this is a common problem but none of the other threads seem to match my issue quite right.

I had the Dec. 31st nightly of CM11 running and decided to update it to the Jan. 11th nightly. I cleared the cache, dalvik, and format/system in CWM and flashed the new rom. When I rebooted, everything seemed to work ok, but there were no wifi networks detected. I tried downgrading back to the Dec. 31st nightly but still encountered the same problem. I tried the same thing again but using the wipe data/factory reset option in CWM before flashing, also to no avail. Any and all help with my issue will be very appreciated. Thanks!
11th January 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 238

326 posts
More
Thumbs up Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastoralPipes

Greetings, I've seen this is a common problem but none of the other threads seem to match my issue quite right.

I had the Dec. 31st nightly of CM11 running and decided to update it to the Jan. 11th nightly. I cleared the cache, dalvik, and format/system in CWM and flashed the new rom. When I rebooted, everything seemed to work ok, but there were no wifi networks detected. I tried downgrading back to the Dec. 31st nightly but still encountered the same problem. I tried the same thing again but using the wipe data/factory reset option in CWM before flashing, also to no avail. Any and all help with my issue will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Wipe data + Wipe cache + Wipe dalvic cache + Wipe Battery stat + flash boot.img via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" sometimes without flashing or even restoring from backed up rom to reinstalling them you need to flash boot.img.

In my opinion i encountered the same problem sometimes when i try to restore backup from earlier version.

Give a Try and let me know.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.patron99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I followed your instructions and now how a fully functioning device. Thank you kind stranger!
12th January 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 238

326 posts
More
Wink CoooooL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastoralPipes

I followed your instructions and now how a fully functioning device. Thank you kind stranger!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
17th January 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Wifi Location
If someone come to this post.
Sometimes the problem ist the Wifi-Location, cause the different Frequencies in the Countries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread