XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No wifi after rom flash

Tip us?

PastoralPipes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No wifi after rom flash

Greetings, I've seen this is a common problem but none of the other threads seem to match my issue quite right.

I had the Dec. 31st nightly of CM11 running and decided to update it to the Jan. 11th nightly. I cleared the cache, dalvik, and format/system in CWM and flashed the new rom. When I rebooted, everything seemed to work ok, but there were no wifi networks detected. I tried downgrading back to the Dec. 31st nightly but still encountered the same problem. I tried the same thing again but using the wipe data/factory reset option in CWM before flashing, also to no avail. Any and all help with my issue will be very appreciated. Thanks!

dr.patron99
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Thumbs up Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastoralPipes View Post
Greetings, I've seen this is a common problem but none of the other threads seem to match my issue quite right.

I had the Dec. 31st nightly of CM11 running and decided to update it to the Jan. 11th nightly. I cleared the cache, dalvik, and format/system in CWM and flashed the new rom. When I rebooted, everything seemed to work ok, but there were no wifi networks detected. I tried downgrading back to the Dec. 31st nightly but still encountered the same problem. I tried the same thing again but using the wipe data/factory reset option in CWM before flashing, also to no avail. Any and all help with my issue will be very appreciated. Thanks!
Wipe data + Wipe cache + Wipe dalvic cache + Wipe Battery stat + flash boot.img via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" sometimes without flashing or even restoring from backed up rom to reinstalling them you need to flash boot.img.

In my opinion i encountered the same problem sometimes when i try to restore backup from earlier version.

Give a Try and let me know.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.patron99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PastoralPipes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I followed your instructions and now how a fully functioning device. Thank you kind stranger!

dr.patron99
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Wink CoooooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastoralPipes View Post
I followed your instructions and now how a fully functioning device. Thank you kind stranger!
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

HūnSt°rJonnyt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wifi Location

If someone come to this post.
Sometimes the problem ist the Wifi-Location, cause the different Frequencies in the Countries.