5,604,730 Members 32,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] L9 connecting to PC

Tip us?

AndroidGuy78
Old
(Last edited by AndroidGuy78; 15th January 2014 at 09:27 PM.) Reason: Need to add:
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Storage [Q] L9 connecting to PC

I have a LG Optimus L9 P769 (T-Mobile). It came with ICS 4.0.4, but did the OTA to get it updated to V20F JB. Shortly after, I found the LGPwn.apk and used that to root. I used Titanium Backup to remove bloatware. I have yet to go any farther with modding.

Ok, before rooting, I connected my phone to my Dell with Windows 7, installed the drivers for all 4 modes available in my phone. I installed LG drivers and PC Suite for the PC. Connection worked perfectly.

As I continued to learn, I installed ADB on my PC. This is when I noticed that my PC no longer recognizes my phone. LG PC Suite can't see it, nor can ADB. My assumption was that it was due to root. So in an attempt to remedy, I used Titanium Backup to put everything back in place that I had removed from the phone. Then went into SuperSu and did full unroot. Rebooted the phone, rebooted the PC. No change.

I uninstalled all LG drivers and LG PC Suite and then reinstalled again. Rebooted phone and PC again. Tried 4 different USB cables. All to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that I could try to get this PC to see my phone again? No rush and not a big deal. I can always re-root...but without ADB, I don't see much hope for much more than that.

(I did search the forums, and to my dismay, didn't find a solution that seemed to help. Doesn't mean there isn't one or I didn't overlook one. Thanks in advance.)

(Also, I have tried this with USB Debugging on and off.)

I managed to get my android back (thanks T3HGOOGL3G33K). I haven't tried to connect to my PC yet. I will update once again when I have had time to test it.

Ok...so I had to do all the work on my PC, save it to my SD card, and then flash using CWM by Artas182x. I uninstalled and reinstalled all LG drivers again and rebooted my PC. Now, the PC is seeing the device, but saying it can't install the drivers for such as MTP, Charge only, Camera, and LG Software. ADB isn't seeing it either when I use "adb\sdk\platform-tools\adb devices". IDK!

kuma82
Old
Thanks Meter 759

DONATE TO ME
I recommended trying another USB port or check the connection. It sounds like the cable isn't connecting to your phone properly.

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AndroidGuy78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks @Kuma. I'll try a different port and see if that helps. My goal is just to familiarize myself with adb. (Windows now sees the phone, just doesn't install the drivers. That's why adb can't see it I am assuming.)

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
Learning On LG Optimus L9 P769 V20H Rooted, CWM by Artas182x, Modded & Tweaked!!

AndroidGuy78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
@Kuma...I don't know what I did different, but I tried a different cable in a different USB port and to my surprise all drivers loaded right away. Thanks again. I swear I have done this. Maybe I just had to stand on one foot...lol.

Learning on my LG Optimus L9 P769 v20h Rooted and CWM by Artas182x with a few mods and tweaks.
Learning On LG Optimus L9 P769 V20H Rooted, CWM by Artas182x, Modded & Tweaked!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidGuy78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]