MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

problem i747m pls help

OP yacbob

4th January 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
hello everyone , i'm new in this forum and i will appreciate any help from your part to help solve my problem
i have samsung galaxy s3 canadian version unlocked sgh-i747m , i'm using it in Algeria in my local network , i was using android 4.1.2 and everything were fine until i updated the firmware via kies to 4.3 everything work fine except some ussd codes like when i try to view my balance i dial *200# and i got the message " connection problem or wrong mmi code " i tried to put comma after # but doesn't solve the problem , i tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 but impossible as well ,
i found a way that may be the solution which is changing the CSC of the phone but all the application available need root access and i couldn't root the device via odin and autoroot file provided in the net it say pass at the end of the root process but supersu won't install and when i check with root checker it says the device is not rooted , i download root explorer but it's a bit complicated for me to use it , so any on how to root the phone or change the CSC without rooting , or downgrade back to 4.1.2 or or just solve the problem of the mmi code
6th January 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 63

220 posts
Same problem here.. Someone please help

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag CAROLINA
Thanks Meter: 135

618 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacbob

hello everyone , i'm new in this forum and i will appreciate any help from your part to help solve my problem
i have samsung galaxy s3 canadian version unlocked sgh-i747m , i'm using it in Algeria in my local network , i was using android 4.1.2 and everything were fine until i updated the firmware via kies to 4.3 everything work fine except some ussd codes like when i try to view my balance i dial *200# and i got the message " connection problem or wrong mmi code " i tried to put comma after # but doesn't solve the problem , i tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 but impossible as well ,
i found a way that may be the solution which is changing the CSC of the phone but all the application available need root access and i couldn't root the device via odin and autoroot file provided in the net it say pass at the end of the root process but supersu won't install and when i check with root checker it says the device is not rooted , i download root explorer but it's a bit complicated for me to use it , so any on how to root the phone or change the CSC without rooting , or downgrade back to 4.1.2 or or just solve the problem of the mmi code

First of all if you upgrade to 4.3 and try to revert back to 4.1.x you would probably brick your phone.

Edit: You can use this steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991
Last edited by Prufta; 7th January 2014 at 03:31 PM.
8th January 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 63

220 posts
No solutions?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Phone
i managed to root the phone and i tried csc changer application but i doesn't work cause i found only 3 csc installed for the 3 major network in canada which are roger fido and bell , i tried all of them but still the same problem , i'm really stuck , i think i'm going to try kitkat 4.4 custom rom from cwm , anyone tried it so far so he can feed us back , or anyone knows where to find the csc for Algeria so i try to add it to the csc list in the phone ,
Last edited by yacbob; 17th January 2014 at 07:25 PM.
17th January 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 18

178 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacbob

i managed to root the phone and i tried csc changer application but i doesn't work cause i found only 3 csc installed for the 3 major network in canada which are roger fido and bell , i tried all of them but still the same problem , i'm really stuck , i think i'm going to try kitkat 4.4 custom rom from cwm , anyone tried it so far so he can feed us back , or anyone knows where to find the csc for Algeria so i try to add it to the csc list in the phone ,

For me the easiest way to root my I747M telus phone is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1739426
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread