5,599,033 Members 32,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Tab 3 7" Swap ExternalSDCard 2 Internal

Tip us?

defleshed2
Old
(Last edited by defleshed2; 17th January 2014 at 06:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default root for SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloydviste View Post
First of all you need to be rooted. Then you need to grant es file explorer superuser permission when it asks. then you go into /data folder. You should see a lot of files/folders in there. If you can't you probably aren't using es file explorer as a rooted user. Then you long select the script and select properties. then change permissions by checking read, write, execute (all 3 should be checked) under the owner option. Then so to smanager and continue the tut
ok i have ES, and i can go into the /data folder but nothing is shown. when i check superuser it has no option to get ES root access. Also when i downloaded the app and initially launched ES there was no option to grant it access like other apps that require root.

I use smanager to give it full access 777, read/write/execute, now it should work?

pinkfloydviste
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by defleshed2 View Post
ok i have ES, and i can go into the /data folder but nothing is shown. when i check superuser it has no option to get ES root access. Also when i downloaded the app and initially launched ES there was no option to grant it access like other apps that require root.

could i use smanager to give it full access?
alright, you need to check root explorer button to on. You access this option by hitting the menu. It's the fourth option up from the bottom.

defleshed2
Old
(Last edited by defleshed2; 17th January 2014 at 06:39 PM.) Reason: add
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
alright, you need to check root explorer button to on. You access this option by hitting the menu. It's the fourth option up from the bottom.
ok it has full access.

one of the lines say mount -t vfat -o umask=000 /dev/block/vold/179:73 /mnt/sdcard

i think mines a exFAT 64g would that effect it? does my sdcard need to be reformated to vfat?

pinkfloydviste
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
ok it has full access.

one of the lines say mount -t vfat -o umask=000 /dev/block/vold/179:73 /mnt/sdcard

i think mines a exFAT 64g would that effect it? does my sdcard need to be reformated to vfat?
i doubt it. i didn't format my card first. just try running the script once before putting checking the boot option in smanager

defleshed2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i doubt it. i didn't format my card first. just try running the script once before putting checking the boot option in smanager
i ran the script with just SU but it says

/system/bin/sh 'data/t210rtest_extsd2internalsd'
mount: Device or resource busy

then when i checked my storage in my settings it did not change, and it also shows my SD card as only 5G for some reason now.

this happened the other 2 times i tried then i restarted my tablet and it bricked.

Is there another way to undo the script before i restart my device?

pinkfloydviste
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
i ran the script with just SU but it says

then when i checked my storage in my settings it did not change, and it also shows my SD card as only 5G for some reason now.

this happened the other 2 times i tried then i restarted my tablet and it bricked.

Is there another way to undo the script before i restart my device?
you need to make sure the smanger boot option is not checked. then it won't run on boot.

defleshed2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
you need to make sure the smanger boot option is not checked. then it won't run on boot.

ok its not checked, also does below look normal when script is ran?

i executed it as "Is script" should it be done with "Is executable"?

pinkfloydviste
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
ok its not checked, also does below look normal when script is ran?

i executed it as "Is script" should it be done with "Is executable"?
you need to go over the original instructions linked in my original post and follow them exactly. It says the is executable box should be checked.

Quote:
1. Anyway.. you will need to place this script in your /data folder (Yes you need to be rooted)
2. Next use ES file manager and give it 777 permission (For the non-linux users, that's full permission on it, Read, write, execute for just user)
-----------------to do this with ES file manager just press and hold down on the file and look at its properties. At the bottom you can see Permissions, hit the Change button and check-mark everything for user
3. Use Smamager (Download it if you dont have it, ... .its free) and goto the script file and open as script/execute, then when it opens choose "Is executable" and then click "Su" & "Boot". Click "Save".
4. Reboot and enjoy.

defleshed2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
actually it did work, it just didnt say the correct numbers when i check storage but when i tried to take a picture with camera stored on internal it transfered to SD card.

now for the final test the restart hopefully wont brick my phone.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

my tablet turned on... but the screen is all black, could this be cuz i need some files transfered from sd to internal now that i swapped them?

pinkfloydviste
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
actually it did work, it just didnt say the correct numbers when i check storage but when i tried to take a picture with camera stored on internal it transfered to SD card.

now for the final test the restart hopefully wont brick my phone.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

my tablet turned on... but the screen is all black, could this be cuz i need some files transfered from sd to internal now that i swapped them?
mine worked fine without switching the files around. only some of the apps didn't work without reinstalling them or moving the data around. I think your issues are over my head. All I did was follow the instructions from the op and changed the one number and it worked without issue.