5,594,221 Members 45,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

To Moderators: Please separate Kindle sections!

Tip us?

SilverCi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default To Moderators: Please separate Kindle sections!

Can we please *pretty please* get separate posting areas for all these stupid versions of this damn kindle.

I'm so frustrated looking for help to root this thing and finding all kinds of conflicting threads because the kindle naming conventions are pure garbage. I have the newest kindle fire HD which is the 3rd generation (11.3.1) and i'm pretty sure its called 7" Kindle Fire HD. But you have KFHD (which is what, gen 1?) And then you have Kindle Fire HD 2 which most people think is the newest one but is not.

I'm so damn confused and i'm sure more than 50% of the folks on here are. I guarantee half of the bricks floating around here are from the dumb ass naming conventions and confusion its causing.

so... can we please get separate sections for these kindles to help us all keep our sanity?

thanks!

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm so frustrated looking for help to root this thing and finding all kinds of conflicting threads because the kindle naming conventions are pure garbage. I have the newest kindle fire HD which is the 3rd generation (11.3.1) and i'm pretty sure its called 7" Kindle Fire HD. But you have KFHD (which is what, gen 1?) And then you have Kindle Fire HD 2 which most people think is the newest one but is not.
Then you need to research or just ask. Going off a name only part of it. The firmware is what will dictate the exact device you are using and which mod is OK to use. The Kindle is a different animal from many other tablets.

Quote:
I'm so damn confused and i'm sure more than 50% of the folks on here are.
Just ask around, you will get a good answer.

Quote:
I guarantee half of the bricks floating around here are from the dumb ass naming conventions and confusion its causing.
No one makes anyone start modding. This is a personal responsibility issue. It's up to the owner to make sure they know what they are using and ask if they don't know. This forum has some of the most decent and knowledgeable people helping out in it for countless hours. If you have a question then just ask.

Quote:
so... can we please get separate sections for these kindles to help us all keep our sanity?
The only Kindle that does not officially have it own area yet it the Kindle fire HD 7 (3rd gen) KFSOWI 11.x.x.x But there is only a root and adding Google Play for it right now so the basic thread that exists seems to be working at it for the moment. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 I'm not a moderator but figured I could field you to the topic you're probably looking for.
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SilverCi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post

The only Kindle that does not officially have it own area yet it the Kindle fire HD 7 (3rd gen) KFSOWI 11.x.x.x But there is only a root and adding Google Play for it right now so the basic thread that exists seems to be working at it for the moment. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 I'm not a moderator but figured I could field you to the topic you're probably looking for.

LE - thank you! this is really the piece i'm struggling with. I have the KFSOW 11xxxx and am struggling to find good stuff. I did finally get the root and gapps. Would kill for some custom ROMS !!!!

thanks again

SCI

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCi View Post
LE - thank you! this is really the piece i'm struggling with. I have the KFSOW 11xxxx and am struggling to find good stuff. I did finally get the root and gapps. Would kill for some custom ROMS !!!!

thanks again

SCI
You're welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

RedsonRising
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The 3rd generation is the HDX isn't it?

Sent from my CM 10.2 modded KFHD_7

Hyperiunn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsonRising View Post
The 3rd generation is the HDX isn't it?

Sent from my CM 10.2 modded KFHD_7
Not just the HDX but also the 2nd version of the Kindle Fire HD 1.5ghz (2013) vs the 1st model 1.2ghz. (2012)

Except its still called the 3rd generation Kindle to everyone else or just the Kindle 2013 version.

We need a custom forum for this model because as of right now its not only confusing to some members, it's just what needs to be done.

SilverCi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Can a moderator please create a new forum for these 3rd generation Kindle Fire HD 7" ?

thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverCi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kyleberry.graphics
Old
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
Agreed this is getting confusing. Need a KFTT and KFSOWI section

Sent from my KFSOWI using xda app-developers app
If i help you out stroke my ego and hit that THANKS button
Device: (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7 in. ROOTED
KFSOWI Development community HERE

Latonya1
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5
Yes moderators can make other for 3rd generation KFHD 7' if they want.. i agree with you now its an demand.