Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems with Straight Talk?

Tip us?

drkPu1se
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default Problems with Straight Talk?

So I have successfully unlocked my I337 to Straight Talk and I get full LTE around here. My problem though is that every once in awhile I lose connection to the network completely. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Also I have somewhat down/up speed, but my ping is actually horrible. I think that could be because it's Straight Talk, but is there a way to improve this as well? I would like to have a good ping as a server administrator and chat clients to stop raging haha....

Thanks in advance!

Dlnp22
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkPu1se View Post
So I have successfully unlocked my I337 to Straight Talk and I get full LTE around here. My problem though is that every once in awhile I lose connection to the network completely. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Also I have somewhat down/up speed, but my ping is actually horrible. I think that could be because it's Straight Talk, but is there a way to improve this as well? I would like to have a good ping as a server administrator and chat clients to stop raging haha....

Thanks in advance!
Please message me if you find out a way. I rely heavily on wifi, but my LTE has been crap compared to my previous carrier(the big V). Though I know I'll never get the same service, I'd sure like to get better than I do now

drkPu1se
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlnp22 View Post
Please message me if you find out a way. I rely heavily on wifi, but my LTE has been crap compared to my previous carrier(the big V). Though I know I'll never get the same service, I'd sure like to get better than I do now

The Big V? Verizon? So you have a Verizon branded SGS4?

Dlnp22
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkPu1se View Post
The Big V? Verizon? So you have a Verizon branded SGS4?
No. I have an ATT phone I bought off craigslist.