Anyone want this Google Play Edition Moto G?

OP tonyleeloveyou

17th January 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 743

2,924 posts
Last edited by eksasol; 17th January 2014 at 07:06 PM.
17th January 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #12  
Flag Exmouth, UK
Thanks Meter: 778

1,323 posts
More
Nonononononono. Lockcreen will be transparent. Stock feature of systemui.apk. homescreen will have bars without a launcher that supports transparency

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 608

1,991 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

some of the replies doesn't have a clue what you are asking since they haven't used a Nexus 5. I don't know for sure since I don't have a Moto G Google edition. I think if it doesn't come with a Google launcher like the Nexus 5 it's safe to assume the lockscreen will also have a black bar. Though the point of Google edition is you can unlock the bootloader and easy install custom roms so if stock don't have it you can flash a framework mod with transparent lockscreen. If you aren't planning to root then I don't think it's necessary to get the Google play edition imo.

sent via tapatalk

You don't need to root to get a transparency in the launcher. You just need a launcher that supports transparency like Nova Launcher. Also, the lock screen should have a transparent status bars by default.
The Following User Says Thank You to bozzykid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #14  
Flag Exmouth, UK

1,323 posts
More
Are you rooted? Do YOU want stock launcher with transparency, and stock wallpapers? Own a GPe? Replace the file in system/priv-app with this https://www.dropbox.com/s/xco9j32o19eidqx/launcher2.apk made this for Nexus 4 but I figured it'll work on anything

17th January 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1,753

7,925 posts
More
Or just use the Launcher2 from Moto's 4.4 update which has transparency.
17th January 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #16  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 81

1,322 posts
More
Ill have to see when it arrives, my question is because when my nexus 4 got kitkat update, the laucher had black bars as well as lockscreen which was expected, I changed to Google Launcher and the homescreen was transparent as promised but It did not affect lockscreen when it came to that and I wondered if it was the same thing here.

Ill find out Monday thanks all who helped
17th January 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #17  
Flag Exmouth, UK

1,323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty!

Or just use the Launcher2 from Moto's 4.4 update which has transparency.

This is the same apk, buy I added back Google stock wallpapers SL you have both I hated launcher2 with bars

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr

Ill have to see when it arrives, my question is because when my nexus 4 got kitkat update, the laucher had black bars as well as lockscreen which was expected, I changed to Google Launcher and the homescreen was transparent as promised but It did not affect lockscreen when it came to that and I wondered if it was the same thing here.

Ill find out Monday thanks all who helped

4.4.1 introduced transparent lock screen to all devices

The Following User Says Thank You to RealSlimShadyMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #18  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1

73 posts
More
One thing that bothers me is that in the GPE it is written that FM radio not included.
Is this SW related or is this missing in the HW.
If it's hardware the this is a different version and Rom.
If it's software then how can this work. Loading a clean rom from the Europe versions?

Can somebody test this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread