Post Reply

[Q] Bricked M7-ul! Maybe beyond repair...??

16th January 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
To anyone who wants a challenge....

First: I installed twrp in preparing for flashing a custom rom.
2nd: Format/wiped sys/dalvik/cache
3rd: when trying to flash recieved error: remote not allowed!
4th: received the advice to relock then unlock again and that would fix the error problem.
5th: relocked bootloader... (has always been S-on)
6th: felt I had been denied, critical, need to know information.... fastboot ver was 1.55 and no longer able to unlock. Is there a fix for this yet? Can anyone please help me? I will compensate for time if needed.... I feel I have tried everything and read a couple hundred pages of threads on the subject but seems no one has answered the same question or has had different variables.
7th: Begging for help.... PLEASE!!!

bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.22.3263.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.1540.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4035mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-bee46337
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Thank you in advance to any suggestions or information!!
Bda714
Bda714@gmail.com
17th January 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,000
 
3,758 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bda714

To anyone who wants a challenge....

First: I installed twrp in preparing for flashing a custom rom.
2nd: Format/wiped sys/dalvik/cache
3rd: when trying to flash recieved error: remote not allowed!
4th: received the advice to relock then unlock again and that would fix the error problem.
5th: relocked bootloader... (has always been S-on)
6th: felt I had been denied, critical, need to know information.... fastboot ver was 1.55 and no longer able to unlock. Is there a fix for this yet? Can anyone please help me? I will compensate for time if needed.... I feel I have tried everything and read a couple hundred pages of threads on the subject but seems no one has answered the same question or has had different variables.
7th: Begging for help.... PLEASE!!!

bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.22.3263.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.1540.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4035mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-bee46337
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Thank you in advance to any suggestions or information!!
Bda714
Bda714@gmail.com

why can't you unlock at htcdev like everyone else ?
17th January 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
really.....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

why can't you unlock at htcdev like everyone else ?

Do you really think I would be asking for help if it were that easy?? When I flash unlock token it says writing and OK but does nothing....
17th January 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #4  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 195
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bda714

To anyone who wants a challenge....

First: I installed twrp in preparing for flashing a custom rom.
2nd: Format/wiped sys/dalvik/cache
3rd: when trying to flash recieved error: remote not allowed!
4th: received the advice to relock then unlock again and that would fix the error problem.
5th: relocked bootloader... (has always been S-on)
6th: felt I had been denied, critical, need to know information.... fastboot ver was 1.55 and no longer able to unlock. Is there a fix for this yet? Can anyone please help me? I will compensate for time if needed.... I feel I have tried everything and read a couple hundred pages of threads on the subject but seems no one has answered the same question or has had different variables.
7th: Begging for help.... PLEASE!!!

bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.22.3263.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.1540.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4035mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-bee46337
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Thank you in advance to any suggestions or information!!
Bda714
Bda714@gmail.com

@nkk71 same problem here.. These are Dev edition One's.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #5  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969
 
5,986 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bda714

To anyone who wants a challenge....

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.22.3263.14
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.1540.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

why can't you unlock at htcdev like everyone else ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda714

Do you really think I would be asking for help if it were that easy?? When I flash unlock token it says writing and OK but does nothing....


Well, it's not bricked, BUT you pretty much can't do anything at the moment!


For anybody reading this: STOP flashing a US Dev Edition firmware 4.06.1540.x on your non-Dev Edition phones with a relocked bootloader and S-On, chances of HTCdev getting to unlock bootloader again is close to zero, or really zero.

(please anybody feel free to correct me)


I don't know if this is due to updated hboot, or what HTCdev unlock generator takes into account, but if for example it takes into account CID and firmware, then your firmware .1540. is not "stock"; for CWS__001 it should be a .502. firmware.


So what are the options: wait for an ATT OTA 4.06 (or above) to be released extract the firmware.zip in it (which is signed) and flash that, then try to get an unlock token and hope it works.

I'm sorry this is not the answer you're looking for, but unfortunately it's the only I have. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

EDIT: since US-Dev Edition is supposed to be unlocked anyway, has anybody tried "fastboot oem unlock"??
EDIT 2: try it in both normal mode and in "fastboot oem rebootRUU" mode.

^^ doesn't work
Last edited by nkk71; 17th September 2014 at 04:29 PM.
17th January 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #6  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,000
 
3,758 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Well, it's not bricked, BUT you pretty much can't do anything at the moment!


For anybody reading this: STOP flashing a US Dev Edition firmware 4.06.1540.x on your non-Dev Edition phones with a relocked bootloader and S-On, chances of HTCdev getting to unlock bootloader again is close to zero, or really zero.

(please anybody feel free to correct me)


I don't know if this is due to updated hboot, or what HTCdev unlock generator takes into account, but if for example it takes into account CID and firmware, then your firmware .1540. is not "stock"; for CWS__001 it should be a .502. firmware.


So what are the options: wait for an ATT OTA 4.06 (or above) to be released extract the firmware.zip in it (which is signed) and flash that, then try to get an unlock token and hope it works.

I'm sorry this is not the answer you're looking for, but unfortunately it's the only I have. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

EDIT: since US-Dev Edition is supposed to be unlocked anyway, has anybody tried "fastboot oem unlock"??
EDIT 2: try it in both normal mode and in "fastboot oem rebootRUU" mode.

I don't mess with any of that unless I'm s-off, so i won't be testing it anytime soon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes