[Q] question about MHL to HDMI adapter and dual booting android roms

Search This thread

psm510

Jan 18, 2011
Hey all, I got an OEM samsung mhl adapter, but it doesn't work because apparently the feature to make it work is not included on the CyanogenMod or any AOSP-based ROM. What non AOSP rom would you recommend? Im coming from Task650's 4.2.2 AOKP rom on my S3.

Also, is there any such thing as a dual boot for android phones similar to the way people dual boot with windows/linux? That way i can switch from my rom of choice to a stock rom so i can use my mhl/hdmi adapter whenever i want without having to clear the dalvik cache, reinstall gapps and all that jazz for a clean install.

Thanks for your help!

dntesinfrno

Oct 9, 2012
Sumter, SC
As far as i know there hasn't been a dual boot option developed for the GS3, i check regularly as this is something i wouldn't mind playing with. The best bet for you to have two working ROM's is nandroid backup/restore. Takes a little more time than a true dual boot option but if you are only using the stock for HDMI output you would only need to make one backup for the stock ROM. Your daily ROM obviously you would have to backup any time you wanted to load up the stock backup so that a simple nandroid restore would bring you back to where you left off.

psm510

Jan 18, 2011
Okay cool. So when you do Nandroid Backups/Restore all you do is back it up, then load it when needed? You dont have to do anything like clearing caches and what not for a clean boot?