[Q] TF700 turned off, won't turn back on

Tip us?

parwathy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] TF700 turned off, won't turn back on

Hi there,
I got a TF700, bought a year + 5 days ago (seriously...).

As I was playing around with it, I undocked it and plugged the charger (tablet battery was around 65%).

I installed a flashlight app (tiny flashlight), put the widget on my home screen, clicked on it, the flash turned on. I pressed the power button as I wanted the screen to be off, but the flash turned off. So I turned the tablet on again, repressed the widget... the screen just turned black, no sound, no message. And now the tablet won't turn on.

So I searched a bit and tried :
- all kind of reset (power button pressed for a looooong time, for 10sec, for 3sec) -> nothing
- paper clip on the reset hole -> nothing
- USB cable on a pc for a couple of hours -> nothing
- charger -> nothing
- Charging via dock -> nothing

I got no charging led now also. No orange, no blinking, no green, no vibration... No sign of life.

So am I good for a little call to asus? I'll have to call on monday...Merry christmas.

Gudders
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Sounds like you may have a dead battery like I did. I used RMA to repair, but was inside warranty (luckily). However, I was advised try leaving the tablet alone without charging for a couple of days before plugging the charger in again. Didn't work for me but others have said it solved their issue. Good luck!

parwathy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for replying, so now I know other people went through the same problem. I was also thinking of dead battery or dead motherboard.

So a dead battery implies the tablet to stop turning on (even when charger is plugged)? And does it also imply the led to stop turning on/flashing etc?

I actually sent the tablet to Asus...

Gudders
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If it's like mine then there was no action from plugging in. The led would flash once then nothing. No vibrate, no led, no screen.

I'm sure Asus will fix it, but I'm sorry for your cost.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

If it's like mine then there was no action from plugging in. The led would flash once then nothing. No vibrate, no led, no screen.

parwathy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudders View Post

Hum...mine's LED wouldn't even flash after plugging it in. Anyways thanks for the "feedback", I guess this could help clueless people regarding this very problem in the future

parwathy
Old
(Last edited by parwathy; 20th January 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Hey, just a quick update on the problem : actually my warranty was not over, I looked at the date I bought it, not the day it was shipped. So I sent the tablet with standard RMA. Of course it was unlocked (and also dual boot linux/Android was installed).

Well Asus repaired it for free. Seems like the MB was really dead, so I guess they couldn't see the scary Tux loading screen.

What isn't reassuring is the fact the tablet died after almost exactly a year, without an obvious reason. I really didn't use it much, only for univ, some web browsing at home. Anyway nothing that would raise the CPU/GPU temps a lot. I wasn't using OC kernels. All in all I'm glad I got a free repair. But I can"t unlock now, I get the infamous "network error".

EDIT : My tab died 2 days after receiving it... Time for a new RMA...