Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Digital ID Concern

Tip us?

TodWulff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Digital ID Concern

Good day.

For my professional obligations (working with the DDTC's D-Trade system), I secured a Digital ID from IdenTrust.

I installed the certificate on my x64 workstations. I exported the Digital Certificate to a PFX and imported it into my Sprint SGSIII (d2spr - a SPH-L710). I am running an AOSP based ROM on the device - SlimKat which is a kitkat build.

Upon importing the certificate, I received a notification as depicted in this image:

I am not interested in letting the CA see all of my network activity, as some of it is not for public consumption (especially given that I am a Gov't Contractor working on some sensitive programs).

My question is this: Is the warning that the OS tossed a warning that is possibly too generic in nature and that the CA really can't monitor all of my network activity, or is there truly a risk of the CA being able to sniff the network activity?

Please advise. Thank you, in advance.

-t

TodWulff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Mods, I cross posted this into the general android Q&A forum too (here). I tried to delete this thread and was unable to do so (maybe 'cause I am a newer XDA forum member.?.). Please feel free to lock or delete this thread, if & as warranted. Thanks.

-t
Tags
certificate authority, digital id, kitkat