17th January 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Milford, MI
Thanks Meter: 17

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good day.

For my professional obligations (working with the DDTC's D-Trade system), I secured a Digital ID from IdenTrust.

I installed the certificate on my x64 workstations. I exported the Digital Certificate to a PFX and imported it into my Sprint SGSIII (d2spr - a SPH-L710). I am running an AOSP based ROM on the device - SlimKat which is a kitkat build.

Upon importing the certificate, I received a notification as depicted in this image:

I am not interested in letting the CA see all of my network activity, as some of it is not for public consumption (especially given that I am a Gov't Contractor working on some sensitive programs).

My question is this: Is the warning that the OS tossed a warning that is possibly too generic in nature and that the CA really can't monitor all of my network activity, or is there truly a risk of the CA being able to sniff the network activity?

Please advise. Thank you, in advance.

-t
17th January 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Milford, MI
Thanks Meter: 17

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Mods, I cross posted this into the general android Q&A forum too (here). I tried to delete this thread and was unable to do so (maybe 'cause I am a newer XDA forum member.?.). Please feel free to lock or delete this thread, if & as warranted. Thanks.

-t
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
certificate authority, digital id, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread