Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 51,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

update this s3

Tip us?

Nexsss1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default update this s3

guys my friend recently bought the galaxy s3 .t999 .i think the phone is unlocked because he is using it in india . and on a different carrier. the problem is that the phone is on 4.1.2 .i dont know where to find the rom for this model, or even whether i should update this phone .i mean i dont know if the phone is unlocked for the current firmware and whether it will still be unlocked after updating in or installing a custom rom. i have attached a photo of the about screen. rooting is not a problem. i need to know whether i can install any custom rom on it without locking it . and please if i can update it try giving me a link for the firmware
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2521438  

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3651

DONATE TO ME
If the phone is working there, it must have been unlocked. You can update the phone and the phone will stay unlocked. However, you do not want to update to the latest 4.3 release from T-mo/Samsung. Too many problems with it.

If you really want, you could root it and just flash Rooted 4.3 rom ONLY from this thread. But that does need a custom recovery.

crespi_
Old
Thanks Meter 169
right ^^^ don't do the OTA