5,599,677 Members 46,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to change sku id.

Tip us?
 
In Flames
Old
(Last edited by In Flames; 22nd December 2013 at 11:00 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 85
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Trying to change sku id.

I'm trying to change my sku_id to AT&T's 4G LTE icon. I know it's #7 and can edit it, but it won't save. I'm using es file explorer. Any ideas why it won't save? Any help would be great.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
 
Fremenos
Old
#2  
Fremenos's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
I'm trying to change my sku_id to AT&T's 4G LTE icon. I know it's #7 and can edit it, but it won't save. I'm using es file explorer. Any ideas why it won't save? Any help would be great.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Makre sure you can write to your system as its read only by default. That's why it won't save.
 
nevernap
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2014
Maybe you figured it out already, but I had the same issue with the ES explorer. I searched for Root Explorer in the Play Store and downloaded an app called Root Browser. I opened the .xml file in it and was able to save the file after granting root permissions.

Btw, I'm on AT&T and changing the SKU_ID to 7 shows me the stupid AT&T LTE logo now, instead of the small LTE one.
 
clsA
Old
#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 655
Posts: 2,484
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevernap View Post
Maybe you figured it out already, but I had the same issue with the ES explorer. I searched for Root Explorer in the Play Store and downloaded an app called Root Browser. I opened the .xml file in it and was able to save the file after granting root permissions.

Btw, I'm on AT&T and changing the SKU_ID to 7 shows me the stupid AT&T LTE logo now, instead of the small LTE one.
try 11 that's the t-mobile icons i like those much better
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nevernap
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
try 11 that's the t-mobile icons i like those much better
Yeah. I just changed it to 11 and the Tmobile one definitely looks the best out of the three. I'm stuck at 5 bars of LTE now instead of 1 bar :P (unless I really have 5 bars of AT&T LTE, which I highly doubt)

Thanks.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes