Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Query on 16GB version.

16th January 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 8

204 posts
More
Hello All,

I am planning to switch from Galaxy S4 to LG G2. I was thinking of getting the 16 GB version of the phone. But I wanted to know that is it enough? Since there is no expansion possible. When i got the S4 16 GB version, the OS and other stuff alone take up 8 GB of the space. Luckily in S4 i can go for an SD card. Just wanted to know that is the same case with G2.
16th January 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Banana Paradise
Thanks Meter: 84

660 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004

Hello All,

I am planning to switch from Galaxy S4 to LG G2. I was thinking of getting the 16 GB version of the phone. But I wanted to know that is it enough? Since there is no expansion possible. When i got the S4 16 GB version, the OS and other stuff alone take up 8 GB of the space. Luckily in S4 i can go for an SD card. Just wanted to know that is the same case with G2.

There is OTG support
16th January 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 377

775 posts
Quote:

Hello All,

OS takes up about 6-8 gigs, but as the person above me said it has OTG support (check this out: meenova.com) and box.com gives you 50 gb of free storage when you sign in with a LG device.
16th January 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas, Texas

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

OS takes up about 6-8 gigs, but as the person above me said it has OTG support (check this out: meenova.com) and box.com gives you 50 gb of free storage when you sign in with a LG device.

That thing looks clumsy!
16th January 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 420

849 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello All,

i wouldnt go with the 16gb version. i have the 32gb version and only have 10gb remaining. i may keep more stuff on my phone than you though. i'm an audiophile so i like my flac files. these take up a lot of room.
17th January 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas, Texas

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269

i wouldnt go with the 16gb version. i have the 32gb version and only have 10gb remaining. i may keep more stuff on my phone than you though. i'm an audiophile so i like my flac files. these take up a lot of room.

I am thinking about it now... i wonder why the new phones are trying to leave the memory card slot out of phones. Nexus 5, HTC One both dont have it as well.
17th January 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 377

775 posts
If you can, go for the Korean version of the phone. It has removable battery and SD card support although the battery is slightly smaller.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread