Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,167 Members 44,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shortcut Brightness on Nova Launcher

Tip us?

Filler1971
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Shortcut Brightness on Nova Launcher

Is there anybody who knows how I can add an Shortcut of Gear Settings -> Display -> Brightness on Nova Launcher Desktop?

If I try to set an Shortcut of Settings. I only can use Display. But this is the setting of the Device and it will crash everytime.

Hope you can help me.
Thx forward

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filler1971 View Post
Is there anybody who knows how I can add an Shortcut of Gear Settings -> Display -> Brightness on Nova Launcher Desktop?

If I try to set an Shortcut of Settings. I only can use Display. But this is the setting of the Device and it will crash everytime.

Hope you can help me.
Thx forward
Creat a widget: Shortcuts >> Activities >> Settings (the stock one not nova) >>displayDisplaySettingsList

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

lopan2000
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I know this isn't what you asked about.... but I'm using Tasker to set the automatically set the screen brightness based on time of day.

i.e.auto set brightness set to "4" (tasker display brightness value of 142) at 8AM for daytime use, and brightness set to "2" (tasker display brightness value of 54) at 5PM for nighttime.

Probably could make some homescreen buttons to toggle/change brightness levels too...

gdeboos
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I reinstalled gravity box to get full options and use brightness slider.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Filler1971
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thx for reply

@almulder1092
That's the way I've done it.

Maybe I should take a deeper look for Tasker. I've often read about it.

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filler1971 View Post
Thx for reply

@almulder1092
That's the way I've done it.

Maybe I should take a deeper look for Tasker. I've often read about it.
I use the tasker way. It 9:00pm my watch goes it to low brightness and silent mode until 8:00am then it returns to normal brightness and sound mode.

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

cyberone3
Old
Thanks Meter 6
any chance you can export out the profile and upload it i would to use it if you don't mind with different hours

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberone3 View Post
any chance you can export out the profile and upload it i would to use it if you don't mind with different hours
I would but I have since wiped it out and reverted back to stock. This weekend I plan on redoing my gear. (Was testing some stuff out). Once I do I will upload them.

Thanks!