Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting? Custom ROM? Kitkat? CM? Stock? Kernel? Damn..

Tip us?

kewkie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 661
Default Rooting? Custom ROM? Kitkat? CM? Stock? Kernel? Damn..

Hey guys!

Currently using an HTC One, BUT.. my LG G2 is on it way to me and make a new customer happy

It took me like 1 week to purchase it and well, here it comes.

So before i start the flashparty, i hope it wouldnt be same like on the HTC.., i want to know if you guys are prefer to use CM/KitKat since the stock is 4.2.2 but as it seems its pretty decent (well, cant say much at the moment).

I'm a fan of CM but im not a fan of bugs, so.. i dont know if i should flash a CM/kitkat rom on the LG G2. From what i can see, the knock on/ff feature is on the CM roms (i love that feature lol), but are they stable? I dont care that much about batterylife, because it needs a few cycles to settle in, i know that already

But, im not sure about CM on the LG.

So thanks in advice guys

corrsea
Old
Thanks Meter 592
I'm on day 2 off using my new g2. I've no inclination to even root yet . Stock 4.2.2 is just so good on this beast. Just come from an s3 flashing. Omni 4.4 nightlies and tweaking with xposed modules + using custom kernel etc etc. I'm sure I'll get the flashing urge again in time but I'm enjoying all the little lg goodies too much at the moment.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ixijimixi
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I have a pair coming in a couple of days. One's going to be a replacement for my wife's Note 2, the other will be my backup in case my Note 2 gets killed like hers did. Glad to see that stock works so well. I'll probably end up rooting, but it'll be nice if I can keep stock on there for a while.

...until I end up using mine full time, of course . Then it's back on the Root-go-round
Device xxxxxLG Optimus G Pro (i317)
ROM iiiiixxxxxUm...what day is today?

*twitch* Thanks to all the devs, themers, and mods for keeping the addiction alive *twitch*

Falaco147
Old
Thanks Meter 5
U will be thrilled and amazed, when you power on, your new G2.... ill almost wants to risk my life if u arent satisfied with G2

Ive had devices as Samsung(Google) Nexus, ASUS Padfone 2, Galaxy S2, S3 and some phone called nokia many years ago.. And all rooted and had some fun except for the nokias..

im casual nerdy user, and ill tried some roms and ill share my own exp... But remember its my exp. and some may not have some of the bugs as ive had.. btw im on D802 G2 and its the best phone ive had since my nexus.. Impossible long battery life, ive had 2 days between charges, and more than 5 hours screen on time..

Numero 1:
Spiderio rom..

Not buggy, some nice features like split view... try youtube LG flex split view.. ull see its an awsome feature..
And very good batteri life..

Second

Paranoid Android Rom..
Worked nice, and best and fast updating on bugs and android vers.
Good battery life, fluid like the other roms ive tried

Third
PACman All in 1 ROM
Works fine, but i did have some troubles changing LCD des.and fitting navigation bar..
But maybe they fixed it, maybe its only me who had these troubles.. DUNNO...

So enjoy, and take good care and read instrucions from devs. through before rooting or flashing and etc...
And last thing.. Buy a cover to protect your screen.. I accidently pushed the phone from my bed and down on a wooden floor facing screen down on floor... And sadly i had to send for repair and are 200$ down cause im to lazy to do the rep myself..