Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,868 Members 39,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to this & getting errors

Tip us?

Laosickness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] New to this & getting errors

I'm fairly new to all of this. Currently I'm running Stockorama v2 on 4.1.2
I realized I was pretty far behind and decided to flash a new ROM.
I decided to go with GUMMY but keep getting the following error:

set_medadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error in /sdcard/Gummy - 2.1-01-15-14-NIGHTLY-d2tmo.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can somebody help me, or link me to some guides/tutorials on how to flash a rom when I've already got one? (if that makes sense)

Thanks in advance!

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 626
Update your recovery

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Laosickness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How do I update my recovery?

Laosickness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I updated my Recovery & used ROM Manager to install the new ROM I downloaded.
Unfortunately my phone doesn't load completely and always gets stuck at the boot screen (boot screen still shows animations).
Anything I can do to make my phone boot all the way?

Noobiologist
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laosickness View Post
So I updated my Recovery & used ROM Manager to install the new ROM I downloaded.
Unfortunately my phone doesn't load completely and always gets stuck at the boot screen (boot screen still shows animations).
Anything I can do to make my phone boot all the way?
Go into Recovery Mode and factory reset (you will lose everything that's in your Internal Storage but everything in your SD Card will be safe). Afterwards, reboot and let it sit there for awhile until you're prompted with a Welcome Screen. If for some reason you cannot get passed your boot screen, you must also flash a modem that is compatible with 4.3+ (I'm using the T999UVUEMJ4 modem).

After you have done all that, let it sit there for a good 10 minutes and reboot. After setting everything up, go into your Play Store (if you don't have the Google Play Store, go back into recovery and flash a 4.4 GAPPS) and download GooManager. Run the app and press the menu button and select ' install openscriptrecovery.' Follow the procedures and it'll automatically install the latest recovery (it should be TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) 2.6.3.1). Reboot back into recovery then do a clean wipe and flash your ROM follow by GAPPS. Reboot and let it sit there until you see the Welcome Screen. Once you do, let it sit there for 10 minutes and reboot.