5,606,779 Members 38,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G internal memory is a micro SD

Tip us?

Konpon96
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I really doubt that any microSD card could deliver such great performance in Androbench. And even if there were such microSD available on market, assembling it in mid/low-end device would be impossible because of price.

Here are tests from benchmarks (random write? o . O ): http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Mo....106672.0.html
Phone: LG Nexus 5
Kernel: CM stock
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 nightlies (4.4.2)
Mods: optimized dalvik and bionic, OmniROM File Manager
Previous phones: Nokia 6230 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson K800i -> Original iPhone 8GB -> iPhone 3G 16GB -> iPhone 3GS 16GB -> Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100) -> Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300)

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 32GB 3G
Kernel: CM stock
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 nightlies (4.4.2)

drkbzx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan View Post
It isn't true. The Moto G does not contain a hidden microSD card. The storage is an eMMC module that is soldered to the mainboard (this was incorrectly reported as an eMMC card which do not exist).

The rumors of the Moto G having a microSD card come from a German blog that saw a metal cover that was coincidentally the same shape and size as a microSD card and assumed that this meant that a card was hidden underneath. There isn't.

Wouldn't surprise me if all this was a big plan to drive more traffic to ArenaMobile. Clickbaiting basically.

Slashgear wrote about this *** (I'm new)
Well, so it is a good phone, I hope to have it soon, was what worried me.

FelipeBHZ
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Me and a friend saved some screenshots from a mobile phone with a 32GB SD Card Class 10 and internal memory of Moto G.

Images are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MotoGMusicEdit.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	2522850   Click image for larger version

Name:	SD32GB_Class10.png
Views:	648
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	2522851  
The Following User Says Thank You to FelipeBHZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]