Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I didn't trip KNOX after installing JellyBeans

Tip us?

mobile-power-monger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default I didn't trip KNOX after installing JellyBeans

I know that I made a mistake when flashing: I didn't wipe my phone first (I was very eager haha).

I knew that knox should be tripped because I installed a custom rom, but there was a part of me (the part in all geeks that is hopeful that logic will not apply) that insisted I check. I just checked it, and I see a beautiful 0x0

Any speculation? Am I late on this discovery?

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile-power-monger View Post
I know that I made a mistake when flashing: I didn't wipe my phone first (I was very eager haha).

I knew that knox should be tripped because I installed a custom rom, but there was a part of me (the part in all geeks that is hopeful that logic will not apply) that insisted I check. I just checked it, and I see a beautiful 0x0

Any speculation? Am I late on this discovery?

Is that on a N9005? Does it survive if you power-off and power-on again?
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

mobile-power-monger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
Is that on a N9005? Does it survive if you power-off and power-on again?
Yes. I have rebooted it many times. But it's a N900V.

mobile-power-monger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
I think KNOX is broken on my device XD I've been doing all sorts of installing today, to try and install CM11 (haven't succeeded. it never boots), and it still says 0x0....

fyi, it's only when I flash CM11 into it that it never boots. Every other rom works wonderfully.

DrawnToLife
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Proof? Preferably video so you'd be less inclined to pull a stunt.
Tablet 1: iPad 4 ♦ iOS 7.0.4 ♦ Jailbroken
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (Flo) ♦ Paranoid Android Beta 4.5 Alpha2 ♦ ElementalX Kernel 2.13+ ♦ TWRP ♦ PVS Bin 4
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) ♦ Root ♦ Tweaked 3.0 ♦ LeanKernel 3.4 ♦ NB7 Modem ♦ NA2 Bootloader ♦ CWM ♦ Knox 0x0 ♦ PVS Bin 3
Watch: Samsung Gear Live
Previous: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken) ♦ iPod Touch 3G (iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken)
Use this link if you want 20GB of free cloud storage!

mobile-power-monger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Unfortunately, I tripped it just today, after trying to use Clockwork Mid Recovery.

I will do what I can to replicate what I did. I have the means to get another N3, but it will take a couple months. I will record the whole process, from first opening to keeping 0x0.

I am not an attention seeker. I know I should have studied what I had while I had it. It's too late though. I must try again..... I will come back to this when I can.

If another reads this before they attempt modifying their device, and would like to try and keep 0x0, PM me. It would speed up the discovery

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1385

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like it was just running on a different partition similar to safe/boot strap - and by installing CWM it's tripped your bootloader hence the KNOX 0x1 - Bootloader contains KNOX, so if you can by pass it - 0x0
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

// HTC One (M8) // GPE Stock // Stock GPE//

// Nexus 7 (flo) // Android L // Stock//

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal)/LG G3 (Titan Grey)

mobile-power-monger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
That's what I was using. I used Kingo, then installed Safestrap. Mystery solved.... personally, I was hoping that this would be more revealing for Note 3 modification.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app