XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] pending kitkat update and bootloader

Tip us?

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by peladoro View Post
I've been trying it out today...It came with 4.1.2 installed. So far I like it. Do u know if I can use Dan Rosenberg's methods like the motochopper and as u suggested motopocalypse. What I understand I can unlock the boot loader with Motorola but is this less advantageous than with motopoc....all this bugs me about the phone seems very difficult to gain root
What is your sytem version? I know Motopocalypse and Motochopper worked on the HD prior to May. I'm not sure if it will work on your phone. You can try it. I'm not 100% positive how other 925 users went through rooting and unlocking.

peladoro
Old
(Last edited by peladoro; 15th December 2013 at 05:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
98.21.122002.xt925

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
What is your sytem version? I know Motopocalypse and Motochopper worked on the HD prior to May. I'm not sure if it will work on your phone. You can try it. I'm not 100% positive how other 925 users went through rooting and unlocking.

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 39
The XT925 can be unlocked directly through Motorola, as previously mentioned multiple times in this very post

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910

peladoro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
yes i realize that but i was just wondering if it's the best way or to use rosenberg's tool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7 View Post
The XT925 can be unlocked directly through Motorola, as previously mentioned multiple times in this very post

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
yes i realize that but i was just wondering if it's the best way or to use rosenberg's tool...
Rosenberg's tool might work, I'm not 100% sure. Like I said, it won't kill your phone if you do try it.

peladoro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Rosenberg's tool might work, I'm not 100% sure. Like I said, it won't kill your phone if you do try it.
thx for your help...found out that rosenberg's tool works on my phone. another poster has the exact specs as mine, network etc...thx again for your input!!
The Following User Says Thank You to peladoro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
thx for your help...found out that rosenberg's tool works on my phone. another poster has the exact specs as mine, network etc...thx again for your input!!
No problem and have fun modding.
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drkdeath5000
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have a non unlocked bootloader and non rooted motorolla razr maxx hd (xt926) on the latest OTA (9.20) and currently there is no exploit working for this version.

I'm really excited about getting kitkat but like many others i'm hoping to one day have an unlocked bootloader and root.

Now i'm all for updating to kitkat as its going to make our devices much better but on the slight off chance that someone finds a working exploit for android 4.2 is it worth sticking it out on 4.2 ?

I would hate to update to kitkat only to find later that someone found an exploit and i'm once again stuck without root but on the other hand i'm tired of waiting for something to happen with this device.

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdeath5000 View Post
I have a non unlocked bootloader and non rooted motorolla razr maxx hd (xt926) on the latest OTA (9.20) and currently there is no exploit working for this version.

I'm really excited about getting kitkat but like many others i'm hoping to one day have an unlocked bootloader and root.

Now i'm all for updating to kitkat as its going to make our devices much better but on the slight off chance that someone finds a working exploit for android 4.2 is it worth sticking it out on 4.2 ?

I would hate to update to kitkat only to find later that someone found an exploit and i'm once again stuck without root but on the other hand i'm tired of waiting for something to happen with this device.
If you're on 9.20.1 you can still root. The latest 9.30.1 is not rootable.

Jaysp656
Old
Thanks Meter 2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602592

New root for 9.30.1 OTA update. it is a method made for Samsung devices aparently that also works for our phones too. I have an HD with a rotted 9.30.1 with this method. Had to use the HD Utility 1.33 to install original 4.1.2 (option 1) first after a backup so I could update though. Update kept failing on me until I tried that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaysp656 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]