Ask a question

No registration required

New sprint g2!

OP Dshook1979

18th January 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

251 posts
Good evening everybody. I just upgraded to the sprint g2. This is a power house of a phone. Except I can not stand the lg stock rom. I really want to root and unlock this beast and start flashing roms.
I have been looking around the forums and am now a bit confused.
Is the one spot with simple step by step instructions on how to root and unlock? Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los angeles
Thanks Meter: 174

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshook1979

Good evening everybody. I just upgraded to the sprint g2. This is a power house of a phone. Except I can not stand the lg stock rom. I really want to root and unlock this beast and start flashing roms.
I have been looking around the forums and am now a bit confused.
Is the one spot with simple step by step instructions on how to root and unlock? Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

For root best method would be ioroot method and the easiest not exactly best IMO to put custom twrp recovery is to get the recovery IMG. Then use flashify
18th January 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

251 posts
Sounds pretty straightforward. On my old optimus g (ls970) i had to root then unlock via freegee. Is unlocking no longer necessary?

18th January 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #4  
Flag Los angeles
Thanks Meter: 174

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshook1979

Sounds pretty straightforward. On my old optimus g (ls970) i had to root then unlock via freegee. Is unlocking no longer necessary?

Yah that's not necessary with ls980(also had ls970) custom Recovery's like twrp and philz cwm are lokied....also if you choose to flashify twrp 2.6.3.2 IMG don't forgot to download 2.6.3.3(comes in zip format) And flash as it supports 4.4 and has slow wipes fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbleTea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

251 posts
You are awesome, thank you very much for the help and info. I cant wait to start flashing and seeing the full potential of this phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread