Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help getting contacts back

Tip us?

bobolinko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Unhappy [Q] need help getting contacts back

I uninstalled the YouMail app and it DELETED a few of my blocked callers from my contact list in the phone, and I now have no Idea what those numbers were. I tried using an application on my PC to read the contacts, and the missing/deleted ones, but all I see are red squares for the missing contact names and numbers (used potatoshare android contacts recovery) so that's not any help.

I have a few NANDROID Backups (Clockworkmod) which when they were done, the contacts were still in the contact list.

if I restore the Nandroid backup file, would the contacts be still visible? Would Google automatically delete them?

I really need to get those deleted contacts back. If anyone has a way to accomplish this, please add to this thread!

Mahalo (Thank you) and Aloha!

gotdat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm pretty sure if you Restore the Nandroid back up, you would still get those deleted contacts. Make a Nandroid back up first before restoring. After restoring, export contacts to sd card / sim card/ which ever you like. You can then restore your recent Nandroid and find the exported contacts on your sd card.

bobolinko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotdat View Post
I'm pretty sure if you Restore the Nandroid back up, you would still get those deleted contacts. Make a Nandroid back up first before restoring. After restoring, export contacts to sd card / sim card/ which ever you like. You can then restore your recent Nandroid and find the exported contacts on your sd card.
I tried the Restore, but the contacts were somehow sync'd with Gmail or Google or something, and the missing contacts that were in the Nandroid were again MIA!

I then shutdown and removed my sim card, and turned off my wireless router and restored the same "Known-Good" Nandroid and found all the contacts (including the ones that would be deleted after sync'ing Occurs)

I then exported the contacts and reverted to the last (today's) nandroid and imported the contacts. The Nandroid recoveries etc. take soooo much time! Somehow CWM ain't the fastest horse in the race here... For now though, seems ok, but dk if it'll stay that way.
Google had a message like "too many deleted contacts" so I'm not sure what's what.

I also printed a list of the missing ones, so all else failing, I will just have to manually re-enter the missing contacts.

Sounds like one hellava way to get next door by going around the world! LOL

Thanks for your response! Have a great day!

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post
I tried the Restore, but the contacts were somehow sync'd with Gmail or Google or something, and the missing contacts that were in the Nandroid were again MIA!

I then shutdown and removed my sim card, and turned off my wireless router and restored the same "Known-Good" Nandroid and found all the contacts (including the ones that would be deleted after sync'ing Occurs)

I then exported the contacts and reverted to the last (today's) nandroid and imported the contacts. The Nandroid recoveries etc. take soooo much time! Somehow CWM ain't the fastest horse in the race here... For now though, seems ok, but dk if it'll stay that way.
Google had a message like "too many deleted contacts" so I'm not sure what's what.

I also printed a list of the missing ones, so all else failing, I will just have to manually re-enter the missing contacts.

Sounds like one hellava way to get next door by going around the world! LOL

Thanks for your response! Have a great day!
You realize CWM is copying BILLIONS of files right? Over a gigs worth of data, if you ask me, for what its doing, on whats its doing, its pretty fast :P

And this is why i NEVER use sync Lol. glad you got it all back.

bobolinko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
You realize CWM is copying BILLIONS of files right? Over a gigs worth of data, if you ask me, for what its doing, on whats its doing, its pretty fast :P

And this is why i NEVER use sync Lol. glad you got it all back.
Yes I do know it's copying a lot of files, but not billions, and I also know that TWRP copies the same data MARKEDLY FASTER.

Even with that, I somehow trust CWM a tad more with my data LOL (Slow, but WORKS!!!) LOL

Thanks again!