Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HD+ EMMC reboot into recovery

OP enricong

18th January 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
I should know how to do this but I can't seem to get it to work.
I would like to reboot into recovery so I can flash updates.

I have CM 10.2 EMMC installed (with CWM) and it seems to be working fine.

However, when I try to reboot into recovery, it just does a normal reboot.
Even when I use the cwm auto update, it doesnt work.
I tried pressing the home and power button but that doesnt seem to work either.

Did I install it wrong?
18th January 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,701
 
8,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricong

I should know how to do this but I can't seem to get it to work.
I would like to reboot into recovery so I can flash updates.

I have CM 10.2 EMMC installed (with CWM) and it seems to be working fine.

However, when I try to reboot into recovery, it just does a normal reboot.
Even when I use the cwm auto update, it doesnt work.
I tried pressing the home and power button but that doesnt seem to work either.

Did I install it wrong?

Maybe.

How are you rebooting to recovery? With the power off menu?

What is CWM auto update?

And do you have the timing right on the power/n reboot?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th January 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Maybe.

How are you rebooting to recovery? With the power off menu?

What is CWM auto update?

And do you have the timing right on the power/n reboot?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've tried the power off menu, quickboot app.
I mean the cyangenmod update
I think I have the timing right on the buttons, but its not working.
18th January 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,701
 
8,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricong

I've tried the power off menu, quickboot app.
I mean the cyangenmod update
I think I have the timing right on the buttons, but its not working.

The quickboot app does not work for booting to recovery. But "Reboot to recovery" by wikilabs in Play Store is sure fire. If that does not do it, you have installed recovery wrong.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by leapinlar; 18th January 2014 at 06:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes