5,603,591 Members 36,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sending phone in for fix up. Need help.

Tip us?

lreyes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 487
Default Sending phone in for fix up. Need help.

Hey,
Well my phones digitizer is failing and is very sensitive. If I press hard enough it'll make some dead pixels. The screen is also out of place on the phone. The top right corner of the screen is inside of the frame. If I send my phone in will it give me my EVO back or a newer phone like everyone was talking about in that on thread?
Would they care if its S-off? And rooted?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If you need any help,task to be done, contact me via PM.

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1614

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lreyes View Post
Hey,
Well my phones digitizer is failing and is very sensitive. If I press hard enough it'll make some dead pixels. The screen is also out of place on the phone. The top right corner of the screen is inside of the frame. If I send my phone in will it give me my EVO back or a newer phone like everyone was talking about in that on thread?
Would they care if its S-off? And rooted?

Who are you sending it to? Sprint or HTC?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

lreyes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
Who are you sending it to? Sprint or HTC?

Sprint its a $100 deductible.

If you need any help,task to be done, contact me via PM.

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1614

DONATE TO ME
The issue of the phone being rooted and S-off seems to vary. I've seen some people mention that Sprint didn't care, while others mentioned having issues getting Sprint to fix or replace devices based on the fact that it's rooted. As far as whether or not you'll get your phone back or get another EVO LTE, I'm not sure how that works. When my wife had her S2 the power button went bad and I took it to Sprint, who replaced it with another S2.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinZ28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RayTrue04
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Probably replaced with an EVO LTE as they still have em in stock and you can even still purchase one for free with a contract. I suggest taking it in to Sprint first before doing the Asurion deductible. Sometimes they replace free of charge. Ps deductible is actually $150, I had to get one myself a while back..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to RayTrue04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]