[Q] HTC One X not connecting to my Laptop Hotspot

13th January 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Hello everyone,

I have a broadband wired connection at home on my laptop (Lenovo GT570) and i tried to use the ad hoc wireless connection to make it a wireless router. But where my nokia N97 device searched and connected to my laptop hotspot, my HTC one x could not search not connect to my laptop.
I used every kind of security key like WPA WEP etc....

Even my phone doesnt connect to some smaller android versions like gingerbread, when tried to connect to their wifi hotspot.
I know that Android would not connect to Joiku Hotspot in my Nokia N97 due to android security issues.

Please Help to find a way to connect to my laptop wifi hotspot as well as to the older android versions.

Thanks in advance
13th January 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Classified
Thanks Meter: 88

455 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilg89

Hello everyone,

I have a broadband wired connection at home on my laptop (Lenovo GT570) and i tried to use the ad hoc wireless connection to make it a wireless router. But where my nokia N97 device searched and connected to my laptop hotspot, my HTC one x could not search not connect to my laptop.
I used every kind of security key like WPA WEP etc....

Even my phone doesnt connect to some smaller android versions like gingerbread, when tried to connect to their wifi hotspot.
I know that Android would not connect to Joiku Hotspot in my Nokia N97 due to android security issues.

Please Help to find a way to connect to my laptop wifi hotspot as well as to the older android versions.

Thanks in advance

Well just go in Control Panel..Internet connections..And go to make new connection and chose to share you laptop's internet..It must work..In my case it worked.. Or search on internet,hotspot programs or something like that
18th January 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big noob

Well just go in Control Panel..Internet connections..And go to make new connection and chose to share you laptop's internet..It must work..In my case it worked.. Or search on internet,hotspot programs or something like that

Well i installed connectify Pro and it worked smoothly.
Thanks anyways for you reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread