Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X not connecting to my Laptop Hotspot

Tip us?

kapilg89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One X not connecting to my Laptop Hotspot

Hello everyone,

I have a broadband wired connection at home on my laptop (Lenovo GT570) and i tried to use the ad hoc wireless connection to make it a wireless router. But where my nokia N97 device searched and connected to my laptop hotspot, my HTC one x could not search not connect to my laptop.
I used every kind of security key like WPA WEP etc....

Even my phone doesnt connect to some smaller android versions like gingerbread, when tried to connect to their wifi hotspot.
I know that Android would not connect to Joiku Hotspot in my Nokia N97 due to android security issues.

Please Help to find a way to connect to my laptop wifi hotspot as well as to the older android versions.

Thanks in advance

big noob
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilg89 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a broadband wired connection at home on my laptop (Lenovo GT570) and i tried to use the ad hoc wireless connection to make it a wireless router. But where my nokia N97 device searched and connected to my laptop hotspot, my HTC one x could not search not connect to my laptop.
I used every kind of security key like WPA WEP etc....

Even my phone doesnt connect to some smaller android versions like gingerbread, when tried to connect to their wifi hotspot.
I know that Android would not connect to Joiku Hotspot in my Nokia N97 due to android security issues.

Please Help to find a way to connect to my laptop wifi hotspot as well as to the older android versions.

Thanks in advance
Well just go in Control Panel..Internet connections..And go to make new connection and chose to share you laptop's internet..It must work..In my case it worked.. Or search on internet,hotspot programs or something like that
]Device: hTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
ROM: Stock 4.2.2

kapilg89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by big noob View Post
Well just go in Control Panel..Internet connections..And go to make new connection and chose to share you laptop's internet..It must work..In my case it worked.. Or search on internet,hotspot programs or something like that
Well i installed connectify Pro and it worked smoothly.
Thanks anyways for you reply.