Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Possible KNOX Reset Found By NOTE

OP LordKoga

11th January 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

120 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...486346&page=68

In the NOTE 3 form there is a pretty high bounty getting near 3k. The top post as of right now on the page linked by user mahmoud007
seems to have instruction for resetting KNOX and downgrading to 4.2.2! As I have the Sprint version of the GS4 I cannot test or confirm this but though it was well worth sharing. Especially if someone could try using this users method on our phone dear god I would love it!
Last edited by LordKoga; 11th January 2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Updated URL
11th January 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKoga

In the NOTE 3 form there is a pretty high bounty getting near 3k. The top post as of right now on the page linked by user mahmoud007
seems to have instruction for resetting KNOX and downgrading to 4.2.2! As I have the Sprint version of the GS4 I cannot test or confirm this but though it was well worth sharing. Especially if someone could try using this users method on our phone dear god I would love it!

From the looks of the article, it seems that the guy who has the solution has trouble writing English. Either way, it's a good thing developers are resolving this.
11th January 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 71

60 posts
More
Clicking that link renders the "invalid forum specified" error.I truly hope this mahmoud007 fellow's theory proves valid and his method works. I just scolded him for cross-posting a hypothetical solution for the S4 i9505 because the reason he cited for not wanting to test his own creation was that he was still under his Manufacturer's Warranty. After I clarified that the KNOX Warranty bit was unrelated to Samsung's service warranty, and asked why he felt it appropriate to request others risk permanently altering their own devices using a method he created and wasn't confident enough to test out on his own, each and every copy of the cross-post vanished within minutes. With luck, some admin wiped them out so his work couldn't be plagiarized before the applicable bounty could be announced.

Good luck, mahmoud. Here's to hoping XDA's senior developers are working with you at this very moment and that you've made history by cracking KNOX.

-Zen
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FallenZen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenZen

Clicking that link renders the "invalid forum specified" error.I truly hope this mahmoud007 fellow's theory proves valid and his method works. I just scolded him for cross-posting a hypothetical solution for the S4 i9505 because the reason he cited for not wanting to test his own creation was that he was still under his Manufacturer's Warranty. After I clarified that the KNOX Warranty bit was unrelated to Samsung's service warranty, and asked why he felt it appropriate to request others risk permanently altering their own devices using a method he created and wasn't confident enough to test out on his own, each and every copy of the cross-post vanished within minutes. With luck, some admin wiped them out so his work couldn't be plagiarized before the applicable bounty could be announced.

Good luck, mahmoud. Here's to hoping XDA's senior developers are working with you at this very moment and that you've made history by cracking KNOX.

-Zen

Your right his post is gone from the original thread he posted it to..... I really hope it pans out though.
14th January 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #5  
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 75

297 posts
More
Nothing is gone once it's on the internet. His posts were copied I promise you.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
15th January 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

120 posts
As a side note the thread is quite interesting and rather active. Lots Of different areas of research. It's only a matter of time before a solution is found,

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
15th January 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

178 posts
I believe someone was successful in doing it check this thread out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKoga

I would really love getting this removed
18th January 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #8  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 34

195 posts
More
From what I read the OP of that that said he was in contact with someone from the s 4 forums. Who that person is idk... Well the soak up. . I sure do hope so because I'm sure a lot of us here at least want some insight to If we are getting closer to getting the devil removed from our bootloader and if we can downgrade

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread