FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to backup and restore apps and app data?

17th January 2014, 11:43 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I am stuck on an unrooted Droid Mini running kit kat. Since I can not use TitaniumBackup, is there another way to backup all my apps and app data from another android phone and restore them on my Droid Mini?
 
 
17th January 2014, 11:47 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TolaSkamp

I am stuck on an unrooted Droid Mini running kit kat. Since I can not use TitaniumBackup, is there another way to backup all my apps and app data from another android phone and restore them on my Droid Mini?

Some apps from the store may give you a chance, but as far as the data, you can thank Google for being very stingy, as you need root access that for some strange reason.:-$

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
17th January 2014, 03:51 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TolaSkamp

I am stuck on an unrooted Droid Mini running kit kat. Since I can not use TitaniumBackup, is there another way to backup all my apps and app data from another android phone and restore them on my Droid Mini?

Helium backup may work. It depends on what your last phone was - Helium won't run on the old Motorola Droids. It runs on these phones, though.

See here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon and the Play Store install is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en
17th January 2014, 04:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

Helium backup may work. It depends on what your last phone was - Helium won't run on the old Motorola Droids. It runs on these phones, though.

See here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon and the Play Store install is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en

Thanks I will try Helium backup and see if it works. I want to backup the apps and app data from a HTC Vivid phone and restore on my Droid Mini.
17th January 2014, 04:20 PM |#5  
Caseyk621's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TolaSkamp

Thanks I will try Helium backup and see if it works. I want to backup the apps and app data from a HTC Vivid phone and restore on my Droid Mini.

Please report findings.

Sent from my KitKat Ultra
18th January 2014, 05:41 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
What about using adb?

www dot howtogeek dot com/125375/how-to-create-a-full-android-phone-or-tablet-backup-without-rooting-or-unlocking-your-device/

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to drwtsn32x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 07:36 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32x

What about using adb?

www dot howtogeek dot com/125375/how-to-create-a-full-android-phone-or-tablet-backup-without-rooting-or-unlocking-your-device/

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda app-developers app

Interesting, I will look into this. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes