Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,836 Members 43,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to backup and restore apps and app data?

Tip us?

TolaSkamp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default How to backup and restore apps and app data?

I am stuck on an unrooted Droid Mini running kit kat. Since I can not use TitaniumBackup, is there another way to backup all my apps and app data from another android phone and restore them on my Droid Mini?

Einsteindks
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TolaSkamp View Post
I am stuck on an unrooted Droid Mini running kit kat. Since I can not use TitaniumBackup, is there another way to backup all my apps and app data from another android phone and restore them on my Droid Mini?
Some apps from the store may give you a chance, but as far as the data, you can thank Google for being very stingy, as you need root access that for some strange reason.:-$

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Helium backup may work. It depends on what your last phone was - Helium won't run on the old Motorola Droids. It runs on these phones, though.

See here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon and the Play Store install is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en

TolaSkamp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Helium backup may work. It depends on what your last phone was - Helium won't run on the old Motorola Droids. It runs on these phones, though.

See here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon and the Play Store install is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en
Thanks I will try Helium backup and see if it works. I want to backup the apps and app data from a HTC Vivid phone and restore on my Droid Mini.

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Thanks I will try Helium backup and see if it works. I want to backup the apps and app data from a HTC Vivid phone and restore on my Droid Mini.
Please report findings.

Sent from my KitKat Ultra

drwtsn32x
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What about using adb?

www dot howtogeek dot com/125375/how-to-create-a-full-android-phone-or-tablet-backup-without-rooting-or-unlocking-your-device/

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to drwtsn32x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TolaSkamp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32x View Post
What about using adb?

www dot howtogeek dot com/125375/how-to-create-a-full-android-phone-or-tablet-backup-without-rooting-or-unlocking-your-device/

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda app-developers app
Interesting, I will look into this. Thanks