5,606,588 Members 36,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Query : How to CWM Recovery for A116HD(Rooted)

Tip us?

SHadOWFAnGS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Query : How to CWM Recovery for A116HD(Rooted)

Hi,

I use a Micromax A116HD. I have rooted the phone using framearoot . Now the problem is that to install custom roms and other custom softwares i need to have a cwm recovery for installing .zip files. I have tried a few ways like installing a ROM Manager and installing CWM but an official version of CWM is not available for the phone.

The question is what are the other options for installing CWM Recovery without losing data and is there any other software like the CWM????

Please help!!!!!

rajneeshk
Old
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHadOWFAnGS View Post
Hi,

I use a Micromax A116HD. I have rooted the phone using framearoot . Now the problem is that to install custom roms and other custom softwares i need to have a cwm recovery for installing .zip files. I have tried a few ways like installing a ROM Manager and installing CWM but an official version of CWM is not available for the phone.

The question is what are the other options for installing CWM Recovery without losing data and is there any other software like the CWM????

Please help!!!!!
TWRP is alike CWM recovery. Here is the method for you without loosing your data.
Press Thanks if I have helped you in any way. You can donate to me as well if you like my work.

My work : Oppo R819 Stock Android for Micromax CHD

The Following User Says Thank You to rajneeshk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maverick619
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Smile Use image file of cwm

Quote:
Hi,

Please help!!!!!
U need to use .img files of cwm or twrp as mobileuncle tool and many other rom managers recognize only image files
And the data will not be lost
The Following User Says Thank You to maverick619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SHadOWFAnGS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still not able to install CWM Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick619 View Post
U need to use .img files of cwm or twrp as mobileuncle tool and many other rom managers recognize only image files
And the data will not be lost
I tried using mobile uncle tool but the application is unable o recognise the CWM.image file for A116HD. What Next???

maverick619
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

I tried using mobile uncle tool but the application is unable o recognise the CWM.image file for A116HD. What Next???
It should have worked as its showing in mine well then try flashing only recovery img of cwm with sp flash tool .it will work
The Following User Says Thank You to maverick619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SHadOWFAnGS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Ok It worked thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick619 View Post
It should have worked as its showing in mine well then try flashing only recovery img of cwm with sp flash tool .it will work
Ok it worked buddy. The image file was downloaded to the "Downloads" Folder which is why the software was unable to recognise it. Now it's working fine. Thanks for the help....