Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Query : How to CWM Recovery for A116HD(Rooted)

OP SHadOWFAnGS

5th January 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hi,

I use a Micromax A116HD. I have rooted the phone using framearoot . Now the problem is that to install custom roms and other custom softwares i need to have a cwm recovery for installing .zip files. I have tried a few ways like installing a ROM Manager and installing CWM but an official version of CWM is not available for the phone.

The question is what are the other options for installing CWM Recovery without losing data and is there any other software like the CWM????

Please help!!!!!
6th January 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 174

392 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHadOWFAnGS

Hi,

I use a Micromax A116HD. I have rooted the phone using framearoot . Now the problem is that to install custom roms and other custom softwares i need to have a cwm recovery for installing .zip files. I have tried a few ways like installing a ROM Manager and installing CWM but an official version of CWM is not available for the phone.

The question is what are the other options for installing CWM Recovery without losing data and is there any other software like the CWM????

Please help!!!!!

TWRP is alike CWM recovery. Here is the method for you without loosing your data.
The Following User Says Thank You to rajneeshk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Smile Use image file of cwm
Quote:

Hi,

Please help!!!!!

U need to use .img files of cwm or twrp as mobileuncle tool and many other rom managers recognize only image files
And the data will not be lost
The Following User Says Thank You to maverick619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai

4 posts
More
Still not able to install CWM Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick619

U need to use .img files of cwm or twrp as mobileuncle tool and many other rom managers recognize only image files
And the data will not be lost

I tried using mobile uncle tool but the application is unable o recognise the CWM.image file for A116HD. What Next???
17th January 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

I tried using mobile uncle tool but the application is unable o recognise the CWM.image file for A116HD. What Next???

It should have worked as its showing in mine well then try flashing only recovery img of cwm with sp flash tool .it will work
The Following User Says Thank You to maverick619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai

4 posts
More
Cool Ok It worked thanks!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick619

It should have worked as its showing in mine well then try flashing only recovery img of cwm with sp flash tool .it will work

Ok it worked buddy. The image file was downloaded to the "Downloads" Folder which is why the software was unable to recognise it. Now it's working fine. Thanks for the help....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread