Tip us?

greenmoonLV
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Post Do you need case for Optimus G?

Hello!

Can LG Optimus G get scratched on Gorrila glass and does it requires additional case and screen protector to keep device unharmed (without scratches and visual defects) ?

Thanks!

rezz35
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Yes if use them your phone is protected

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV View Post
Can LG Optimus G get scratched on Gorrila glass and does it requires additional case and screen protector to keep device unharmed (without scratches and visual defects) ?
The short answer is yes, it can be damaged. Gorilla glass is not a guarantee against scratches -- it sure helps when you put your phone in a pocket with keys, coins and stuff, but a tiny grain of sand can still leave a scratch on it (not saying it necessarily will, but it certainly can). The back cover is relatively easily scratched and scuffed, especially in the corners (I have some visible wear marks on it, but don't have a second camera to take a photo right now). The bezel on this phone can also easily get nicked, as the plastic is pretty soft.

So, I would definitely recommend some protection, if you care about the appearance of your phone. I personally decided against using screen protectors quite a while ago, for number of reasons (I still use it on my tablet, but not on phones), and I just try to be careful with the screen. So far, so good. But a good case for me is a must. It also makes the OG easier and safer to handle, as the naked phone is quite thin and slippery. There is a lot of decent cases available for our phone. You can also take a look in the Accessories forum for some first-hand reviews and comparisons.
Optimus G F180S, tweaked E975 Stock 4.1.2
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

greenmoonLV
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
The short answer is yes, it can be damaged. Gorilla glass is not a guarantee against scratches -- it sure helps when you put your phone in a pocket with keys, coins and stuff, but a tiny grain of sand can still leave a scratch on it (not saying it necessarily will, but it certainly can). The back cover is relatively easily scratched and scuffed, especially in the corners (I have some visible wear marks on it, but don't have a second camera to take a photo right now). The bezel on this phone can also easily get nicked, as the plastic is pretty soft.

So, I would definitely recommend some protection, if you care about the appearance of your phone. I personally decided against using screen protectors quite a while ago, for number of reasons (I still use it on my tablet, but not on phones), and I just try to be careful with the screen. So far, so good. But a good case for me is a must. It also makes the OG easier and safer to handle, as the naked phone is quite thin and slippery. There is a lot of decent cases available for our phone. You can also take a look in the Accessories forum for some first-hand reviews and comparisons.
Maybe you can suggest some good/cheap OG case?

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV View Post
Maybe you can suggest some good/cheap OG case?
As I said, just look around in the Accessories forum -- it's there for a good reason. You will find my review among other people's feedback.
Optimus G F180S, tweaked E975 Stock 4.1.2
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greenmoonLV
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
As I said, just look around in the Accessories forum -- it's there for a good reason. You will find my review among other people's feedback.
Thank you!