Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Do you need case for Optimus G?

OP greenmoonLV

17th January 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bauska
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Donate to Me
Hello!

Can LG Optimus G get scratched on Gorrila glass and does it requires additional case and screen protector to keep device unharmed (without scratches and visual defects) ?

Thanks!
17th January 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Urmia

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes if use them your phone is protected

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 614

1,335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV

Can LG Optimus G get scratched on Gorrila glass and does it requires additional case and screen protector to keep device unharmed (without scratches and visual defects) ?

The short answer is yes, it can be damaged. Gorilla glass is not a guarantee against scratches -- it sure helps when you put your phone in a pocket with keys, coins and stuff, but a tiny grain of sand can still leave a scratch on it (not saying it necessarily will, but it certainly can). The back cover is relatively easily scratched and scuffed, especially in the corners (I have some visible wear marks on it, but don't have a second camera to take a photo right now). The bezel on this phone can also easily get nicked, as the plastic is pretty soft.

So, I would definitely recommend some protection, if you care about the appearance of your phone. I personally decided against using screen protectors quite a while ago, for number of reasons (I still use it on my tablet, but not on phones), and I just try to be careful with the screen. So far, so good. But a good case for me is a must. It also makes the OG easier and safer to handle, as the naked phone is quite thin and slippery. There is a lot of decent cases available for our phone. You can also take a look in the Accessories forum for some first-hand reviews and comparisons.
17th January 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bauska

15 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

The short answer is yes, it can be damaged. Gorilla glass is not a guarantee against scratches -- it sure helps when you put your phone in a pocket with keys, coins and stuff, but a tiny grain of sand can still leave a scratch on it (not saying it necessarily will, but it certainly can). The back cover is relatively easily scratched and scuffed, especially in the corners (I have some visible wear marks on it, but don't have a second camera to take a photo right now). The bezel on this phone can also easily get nicked, as the plastic is pretty soft.

So, I would definitely recommend some protection, if you care about the appearance of your phone. I personally decided against using screen protectors quite a while ago, for number of reasons (I still use it on my tablet, but not on phones), and I just try to be careful with the screen. So far, so good. But a good case for me is a must. It also makes the OG easier and safer to handle, as the naked phone is quite thin and slippery. There is a lot of decent cases available for our phone. You can also take a look in the Accessories forum for some first-hand reviews and comparisons.

Maybe you can suggest some good/cheap OG case?
17th January 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 614

1,335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV

Maybe you can suggest some good/cheap OG case?

As I said, just look around in the Accessories forum -- it's there for a good reason. You will find my review among other people's feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bauska

15 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

As I said, just look around in the Accessories forum -- it's there for a good reason. You will find my review among other people's feedback.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread