Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do you need case for Optimus G?

Tip us?
 
greenmoonLV
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bauska

 
DONATE TO ME
Post Do you need case for Optimus G?

Hello!

Can LG Optimus G get scratched on Gorrila glass and does it requires additional case and screen protector to keep device unharmed (without scratches and visual defects) ?

Thanks!
 
rezz35
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Urmia

 
DONATE TO ME
Yes if use them your phone is protected

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
 
kt-Froggy
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 591
Posts: 1,275
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV View Post
Can LG Optimus G get scratched on Gorrila glass and does it requires additional case and screen protector to keep device unharmed (without scratches and visual defects) ?
The short answer is yes, it can be damaged. Gorilla glass is not a guarantee against scratches -- it sure helps when you put your phone in a pocket with keys, coins and stuff, but a tiny grain of sand can still leave a scratch on it (not saying it necessarily will, but it certainly can). The back cover is relatively easily scratched and scuffed, especially in the corners (I have some visible wear marks on it, but don't have a second camera to take a photo right now). The bezel on this phone can also easily get nicked, as the plastic is pretty soft.

So, I would definitely recommend some protection, if you care about the appearance of your phone. I personally decided against using screen protectors quite a while ago, for number of reasons (I still use it on my tablet, but not on phones), and I just try to be careful with the screen. So far, so good. But a good case for me is a must. It also makes the OG easier and safer to handle, as the naked phone is quite thin and slippery. There is a lot of decent cases available for our phone. You can also take a look in the Accessories forum for some first-hand reviews and comparisons.
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
 
greenmoonLV
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bauska

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
The short answer is yes, it can be damaged. Gorilla glass is not a guarantee against scratches -- it sure helps when you put your phone in a pocket with keys, coins and stuff, but a tiny grain of sand can still leave a scratch on it (not saying it necessarily will, but it certainly can). The back cover is relatively easily scratched and scuffed, especially in the corners (I have some visible wear marks on it, but don't have a second camera to take a photo right now). The bezel on this phone can also easily get nicked, as the plastic is pretty soft.

So, I would definitely recommend some protection, if you care about the appearance of your phone. I personally decided against using screen protectors quite a while ago, for number of reasons (I still use it on my tablet, but not on phones), and I just try to be careful with the screen. So far, so good. But a good case for me is a must. It also makes the OG easier and safer to handle, as the naked phone is quite thin and slippery. There is a lot of decent cases available for our phone. You can also take a look in the Accessories forum for some first-hand reviews and comparisons.
Maybe you can suggest some good/cheap OG case?
 
kt-Froggy
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 591
Posts: 1,275
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV View Post
Maybe you can suggest some good/cheap OG case?
As I said, just look around in the Accessories forum -- it's there for a good reason. You will find my review among other people's feedback.
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
greenmoonLV
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bauska

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
As I said, just look around in the Accessories forum -- it's there for a good reason. You will find my review among other people's feedback.
Thank you!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more

Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more