FORUMS

[Q] sm-900k update the bootloader of 4.4.2 Fail

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
By unplugged138, Senior Member on 18th January 2014, 08:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My phone is SM-N900K, I want to upate to 4.4.2 ,but update bootloader Fail.
odin says:
<ID:0/012> Added!!
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/012> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/012>
<ID:0/012> Complete(Write) operation failed.

the phone show me:
secure check fail :aboot

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
 
 
18th January 2014, 08:27 AM |#2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged138

My phone is SM-N900K, I want to upate to 4.4.2 ,but update bootloader Fail.
odin says:
<ID:0/012> Added!!
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/012> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/012>
<ID:0/012> Complete(Write) operation failed.

the phone show me:
secure check fail :aboot

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

While your device has the SnapDragon CPU, I don't think 4.4.2 is compatible with the K yet, your bootloader on the N900K will be different to the N9005 and you risk hard bricking if you try and force it.
18th January 2014, 08:40 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

While your device has the SnapDragon CPU, I don't think 4.4.2 is compatible with the K yet, your bootloader on the N900K will be different to the N9005 and you risk hard bricking if you try and force it.

My device's CPU is SnapDragon same with N9005. I just want to upate to kitkat.
18th January 2014, 08:42 AM |#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged138

My device's CPU is SnapDragon same with N9005. I just want to upate to kitkat.

It's not whether the CPU is the same, it's about the bootloader. Your bootloader will be different to the N9005 version. SO may not (but from your 1st post it doesn't!!) work. It's not as simple as "has same CPU"
18th January 2014, 09:32 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

It's not whether the CPU is the same, it's about the bootloader. Your bootloader will be different to the N9005 version. SO may not (but from your 1st post it doesn't!!) work. It's not as simple as "has same CPU"

It is still working at 4.3 now.
Thanks mate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes