Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

photos obscured by grey box

Tip us?

HerRoyalDykeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default photos obscured by grey box

Best way to describe the issue is when I take a photo the end result is a the photo obscured by a grey box. I have changed for now all my photos to be stored on my phone device and then I move manually to my SD card. I am not sure why this happened only started a couple of days ago. If I try to upload a photo to FB it says it is not a correct piece of media also I have noticed apps are disappearing from my device and i think these are apps that were stored on the SD card... Could the SD card be corrupt? it is a 64GB card I am running all stock software apart from Nova Launcher (free version) and using DCikonz for icon... I've not had any issue and I have had the SD card for months now.

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
You are right. My cousin had same problem. Your SD is corrupted. He changed it and he is happy now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

HerRoyalDykeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
You are right. My cousin had same problem. Your SD is corrupted. He changed it and he is happy now
Looks like I'll be contacting amazon and getting a replacement or should I stop using the 64g all together....

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRoyalDykeness View Post
Looks like I'll be contacting amazon and getting a replacement or should I stop using the 64g all together....
64 GB cards are giving a lot of problems lately. I give u council: Buy one Samsung SD card 32gb class 10 and I think u will be happy. Im using it for more of 2 years. Its ur choice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

HerRoyalDykeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
64 GB cards are giving a lot of problems lately. I give u council: Buy one Samsung SD card 32gb class 10 and I think u will be happy. Im using it for more of 2 years. Its ur choice
I had a 32gb which i got not long after i bought the phone in april when it was released in UK, I think it was a san disk one at that bought the 64g coz i wanted more memory but had nothing but problems since, it would unmount itself for no reason the phone could be lying on a counter and that message would come in my notifications... wish me luck with amazon!