XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GET stuck on TWRP !

Tip us?

iampatrick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GET stuck on TWRP !

OMG! Whats' wrong with my G Pad V500, could anyone help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-16 204137.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	2519558  

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampatrick View Post
OMG! Whats' wrong with my G Pad V500, could anyone help me?
to flash roms on 4.4.X you have to have a newer version of TWRP. You are on the old version. Restore from back up if you have wiped and update TWRP before flashing. It should be 2.6.3.2 the version you have has a different kernel and it will not work
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey, LG G2 Black(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"

iampatrick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
to flash roms on 4.4.X you have to have a newer version of TWRP. You are on the old version. Restore from back up if you have wiped and update TWRP before flashing. It should be 2.6.3.2 the version you have has a different kernel and it will not work
It still cannot restore back! Everytime i restore back just back to the TWRP page, somone said go to the download mode, but just it can't..

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampatrick View Post
It still cannot restore back! Everytime i restore back just back to the TWRP page, somone said go to the download mode, but just it can't..
Did you make a nandroid back up before starting?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey, LG G2 Black(current)

brewer15650
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Check this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2574639&page=2

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer15650 View Post
He has a v500 not v510. That's a good way to get a brick

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

brewer15650
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I posted for reference. Looks like the same problem just on a 510. He needs someone to post a copy of the stock firmware for him in flash form so he can use twrp to flash it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

This also caught my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zheng View Post
And i met the issue with my LG V500. And I use the download mode to install the original official rom. I am not sure it works on V510, But myabe you can try it.
1. Download the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL by this link:http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-V500-White
2. install the software in computer, Plug in USB cable with computer, Open the software LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL.
3. Turn off Pad and unplug.
4. press hold both volume up and volume down, Then plug in usb cable, And then pad is in downlaod mode
5. USB driver will be insatlled automatically
6. In LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL, click option---.country and language-OK, then click option--upgrade recovery
7. It will installe original official rom automatically.
8. After about 1.5 hours, The pad will be installed the last official room.

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer15650 View Post
I posted for reference. Looks like the same problem just on a 510. He needs someone to post a copy of the stock firmware for him in flash form so he can use twrp to flash it.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

This also caught my attention

Yeah I understand but a high % of people on here don't read everything before trying something. If you don't remind him that it just for reference but may differ he may try it. It would probably fail because of the locked boot loader but still just have to be careful.

One guy hard bricked his V500 by flashing V510 stuff over it. Now he had to trick it to receive OTAs but it is possible.
Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

iampatrick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks everyone, i dl the original rom and try hard to trun to download mode, just fine!