Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

GET stuck on TWRP !

OP iampatrick

16th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
OMG! Whats' wrong with my G Pad V500, could anyone help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-16 204137.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	2519558  
16th January 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #2  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 789
 
2,159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampatrick

OMG! Whats' wrong with my G Pad V500, could anyone help me?

to flash roms on 4.4.X you have to have a newer version of TWRP. You are on the old version. Restore from back up if you have wiped and update TWRP before flashing. It should be 2.6.3.2 the version you have has a different kernel and it will not work
16th January 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

to flash roms on 4.4.X you have to have a newer version of TWRP. You are on the old version. Restore from back up if you have wiped and update TWRP before flashing. It should be 2.6.3.2 the version you have has a different kernel and it will not work

It still cannot restore back! Everytime i restore back just back to the TWRP page, somone said go to the download mode, but just it can't..
16th January 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #4  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 789
 
2,159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampatrick

It still cannot restore back! Everytime i restore back just back to the TWRP page, somone said go to the download mode, but just it can't..

Did you make a nandroid back up before starting?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th January 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #5  
brewer15650's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Check this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2574639&page=2
16th January 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #6  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 789
 
2,159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer15650

Check this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2574639&page=2

He has a v500 not v510. That's a good way to get a brick

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th January 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #7  
brewer15650's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
I posted for reference. Looks like the same problem just on a 510. He needs someone to post a copy of the stock firmware for him in flash form so he can use twrp to flash it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

This also caught my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zheng

And i met the issue with my LG V500. And I use the download mode to install the original official rom. I am not sure it works on V510, But myabe you can try it.
1. Download the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL by this link:http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-V500-White
2. install the software in computer, Plug in USB cable with computer, Open the software LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL.
3. Turn off Pad and unplug.
4. press hold both volume up and volume down, Then plug in usb cable, And then pad is in downlaod mode
5. USB driver will be insatlled automatically
6. In LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL, click option---.country and language-OK, then click option--upgrade recovery
7. It will installe original official rom automatically.
8. After about 1.5 hours, The pad will be installed the last official room.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #8  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 789
 
2,159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer15650

I posted for reference. Looks like the same problem just on a 510. He needs someone to post a copy of the stock firmware for him in flash form so he can use twrp to flash it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

This also caught my attention



Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Yeah I understand but a high % of people on here don't read everything before trying something. If you don't remind him that it just for reference but may differ he may try it. It would probably fail because of the locked boot loader but still just have to be careful.

One guy hard bricked his V500 by flashing V510 stuff over it. Now he had to trick it to receive OTAs but it is possible.
Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th January 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thanks everyone, i dl the original rom and try hard to trun to download mode, just fine!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes