Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dropped htc one in water

Tip us?

kunj20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dropped htc one in water

I might really need someones help now.
I wasnt really using it but somehow i managed to drop my htc one in W/c. and it was half inside and within seconds i picked it up. it was inside the water from the headphones jack and when i removed it it was working fine for couple of mins and then it started restarting on it own. i read about rice so i kept it in a bag full of uncooked rice for 3 days and nights and tried switching it on. nothing works but that same thing happens. when i dropped it in water 25% of the screen from earphones jack had water and i could actually see it and after a couple of days the water got absorbed and there are barely some water marks in the screen whenever i try switching it on. and right now i have kept it in a bag full of moisturizer absorber and kept it for a night nothing really helped yet. just the water from screen got absorbed and nothing is working anything yet. and the flash is yellow. so i dont know if i should fool the service center guys or keep it longer and make it work or what?
help please.

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunj20 View Post
I might really need someones help now.
I wasnt really using it but somehow i managed to drop my htc one in W/c. and it was half inside and within seconds i picked it up. it was inside the water from the headphones jack and when i removed it it was working fine for couple of mins and then it started restarting on it own. i read about rice so i kept it in a bag full of uncooked rice for 3 days and nights and tried switching it on. nothing works but that same thing happens. when i dropped it in water 25% of the screen from earphones jack had water and i could actually see it and after a couple of days the water got absorbed and there are barely some water marks in the screen whenever i try switching it on. and right now i have kept it in a bag full of moisturizer absorber and kept it for a night nothing really helped yet. just the water from screen got absorbed and nothing is working anything yet. and the flash is yellow. so i dont know if i should fool the service center guys or keep it longer and make it work or what?
help please.
Should've left it off for a week or so.. Or got it opened and dried and cleaned. Nothing can be done now. Wait and watch, or if you still can, get to a good technician and ask him to open and clean/dry the phone. Good luck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel