[Q] Dropped htc one in water

18th January 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I might really need someones help now.
I wasnt really using it but somehow i managed to drop my htc one in W/c. and it was half inside and within seconds i picked it up. it was inside the water from the headphones jack and when i removed it it was working fine for couple of mins and then it started restarting on it own. i read about rice so i kept it in a bag full of uncooked rice for 3 days and nights and tried switching it on. nothing works but that same thing happens. when i dropped it in water 25% of the screen from earphones jack had water and i could actually see it and after a couple of days the water got absorbed and there are barely some water marks in the screen whenever i try switching it on. and right now i have kept it in a bag full of moisturizer absorber and kept it for a night nothing really helped yet. just the water from screen got absorbed and nothing is working anything yet. and the flash is yellow. so i dont know if i should fool the service center guys or keep it longer and make it work or what?
help please.
18th January 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 195

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunj20

I might really need someones help now.
I wasnt really using it but somehow i managed to drop my htc one in W/c. and it was half inside and within seconds i picked it up. it was inside the water from the headphones jack and when i removed it it was working fine for couple of mins and then it started restarting on it own. i read about rice so i kept it in a bag full of uncooked rice for 3 days and nights and tried switching it on. nothing works but that same thing happens. when i dropped it in water 25% of the screen from earphones jack had water and i could actually see it and after a couple of days the water got absorbed and there are barely some water marks in the screen whenever i try switching it on. and right now i have kept it in a bag full of moisturizer absorber and kept it for a night nothing really helped yet. just the water from screen got absorbed and nothing is working anything yet. and the flash is yellow. so i dont know if i should fool the service center guys or keep it longer and make it work or what?
help please.

Should've left it off for a week or so.. Or got it opened and dried and cleaned. Nothing can be done now. Wait and watch, or if you still can, get to a good technician and ask him to open and clean/dry the phone. Good luck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread