Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Having trouble accepting OTA update on 4.1.2. (Assert Failed)

OP master4g

16th January 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
Hello. I have a rooted GS3 which I want to update. I was on CM11 but was getting bad battery life so I went back to stock via a Nandroid restore. I then installed the stock recovery again. Now when I try to do the OTA update, I get the following message

Is there any way to make this work? I am on 4.1.2 (MB1?) and would love to get to the latest stock version. Thanks
16th January 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

813 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g

Hello. I have a rooted GS3 which I want to update. I was on CM11 but was getting bad battery life so I went back to stock via a Nandroid restore. I then installed the stock recovery again. Now when I try to do the OTA update, I get the following message

Is there any way to make this work? I am on 4.1.2 (MB1?) and would love to get to the latest stock version. Thanks

you could have left custom recovery on it, and flashed THIS from CNexus. Its stock 4.3, no KNOX, and you get to keep root access.
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 17th January 2014 at 04:11 AM.
16th January 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

you could have left custom recovery on it, and flashed THIS from CNexus. Its stock 4.3, no KNOX, and you get to keep root access.

Thanks for the reply. Is that stock touchwiz or stock jellybean? Also what's the latest version which sprint has pushed out for the gs3?
17th January 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

813 posts
More
Stock jellybean with touchwiz launcher. Touchwiz is the stock launcher. This one is the latest update, in zip format, but with KNOX removed.

sent from my GS3
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 17th January 2014 at 04:08 AM.
18th January 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

Stock jellybean with touchwiz launcher. Touchwiz is the stock launcher. This one is the latest update, in zip format, but with KNOX removed.

sent from my GS3

One thing which stock Touchwiz has that I can update my prl etc from the rom, whereas I wasn't able to do that in Cyanogenmod. Do you know if this stock rom allows it? Thanks
18th January 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g

One thing which stock Touchwiz has that I can update my prl etc from the rom, whereas I wasn't able to do that in Cyanogenmod. Do you know if this stock rom allows it? Thanks

yes tw roms will allow updating prl
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread