Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Having trouble accepting OTA update on 4.1.2. (Assert Failed)

Tip us?
 
master4g
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 62
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default [Q] Having trouble accepting OTA update on 4.1.2. (Assert Failed)

Hello. I have a rooted GS3 which I want to update. I was on CM11 but was getting bad battery life so I went back to stock via a Nandroid restore. I then installed the stock recovery again. Now when I try to do the OTA update, I get the following message



Is there any way to make this work? I am on 4.1.2 (MB1?) and would love to get to the latest stock version. Thanks
 
joeyhdownsouth
Old
(Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 17th January 2014 at 03:11 AM.)
#2  
joeyhdownsouth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 789
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Creole State
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g View Post
Hello. I have a rooted GS3 which I want to update. I was on CM11 but was getting bad battery life so I went back to stock via a Nandroid restore. I then installed the stock recovery again. Now when I try to do the OTA update, I get the following message



Is there any way to make this work? I am on 4.1.2 (MB1?) and would love to get to the latest stock version. Thanks
you could have left custom recovery on it, and flashed THIS from CNexus. Its stock 4.3, no KNOX, and you get to keep root access.
G2(Sprint)-stock rooted
G3(Sprint)-stock rooted
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive
 
master4g
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 62
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth View Post
you could have left custom recovery on it, and flashed THIS from CNexus. Its stock 4.3, no KNOX, and you get to keep root access.
Thanks for the reply. Is that stock touchwiz or stock jellybean? Also what's the latest version which sprint has pushed out for the gs3?
 
joeyhdownsouth
Old
(Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 17th January 2014 at 03:08 AM.)
#4  
joeyhdownsouth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 789
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Creole State
Stock jellybean with touchwiz launcher. Touchwiz is the stock launcher. This one is the latest update, in zip format, but with KNOX removed.

sent from my GS3
G2(Sprint)-stock rooted
G3(Sprint)-stock rooted
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive
 
master4g
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 62
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth View Post
Stock jellybean with touchwiz launcher. Touchwiz is the stock launcher. This one is the latest update, in zip format, but with KNOX removed.

sent from my GS3
One thing which stock Touchwiz has that I can update my prl etc from the rom, whereas I wasn't able to do that in Cyanogenmod. Do you know if this stock rom allows it? Thanks
 
bricker1
Old
#6  
bricker1's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 60
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g View Post
One thing which stock Touchwiz has that I can update my prl etc from the rom, whereas I wasn't able to do that in Cyanogenmod. Do you know if this stock rom allows it? Thanks
yes tw roms will allow updating prl
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes