Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touch Screen issue on S4 i9505

Tip us?

Shiroh1ge
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Touch Screen issue on S4 i9505

So I've been having this weird behaviour of the touch screen on my S4 during games. When I'm needed to hold my finger on the screen for continuous gestures (like moving) sometimes the screen stops registering the touch (it's like I've lifted my fingure off the screen, but I haven't), so I have to lift my finger up and press the screen again to continue moving. It's happening really often and it's really annoying for a game like Super Hexagon where if you stop moving for a milisec you're dead. Don't think I've read anyone else having the same problem. I've been having this problem on the stock Jelly Bean 4.3, CM 11 Kitkat 4.4.2 and recently I put the unofficial stock 4.4.2 KitKat. Is it a hardware problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Shiroh1ge
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
bump

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,989

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroh1ge View Post
bump
Reboot into recovery and do wipe cache/Factory reset and then Flash the kitkat leak once again via odin and check if the problem still persist. and if your problem still doesnt fix try to flash a stock 4.3 , it might be a bug or something since the 4.4 kitkat is just a leak.. have a nice day

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Shiroh1ge
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Reboot into recovery and do wipe cache/Factory reset and then Flash the kitkat leak once again via odin and check if the problem still persist. and if your problem still doesnt fix try to flash a stock 4.3 , it might be a bug or something since the 4.4 kitkat is just a leak.. have a nice day
I'll try that, thanks for the answer

Shiroh1ge
Old
(Last edited by Shiroh1ge; 18th January 2014 at 10:45 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I'm om 4.3 now, still the same. Almost all games are unplayable... I'm starting to think it's a hardware problem. Could the disabling of a service be causing this, cus I disable a lot of them.
edit: I found that pressing the screen a little bit too hard makes it unresponsive. Definitely hardware problem since I've changed screen glasses before. I'm losing hope for fixing this :/. Any suggestions?

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
What do you mean "Ive changed screen glasses before".

Shiroh1ge
Old
(Last edited by Shiroh1ge; 18th January 2014 at 12:37 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderling View Post
What do you mean "Ive changed screen glasses before".
Well not me personally, a friend of mine owned the phone before me and I think he cracked it so he gave it for repairs to replace the screen glass, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the replacement glass.