Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Set warranty void:recovery

17th January 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #1  
pandacookie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Quincy
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Any way of getting rid of the message "set warranty void: recovery"? I Googled and searched and found nothing, so I have a feeling the answer is "no". But I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, anyway. My recovery is CWM based, latest for Jellybean (number escapes me, at the moment).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Compusmurf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 222
 
1,123 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacookie

Any way of getting rid of the message "set warranty void: recovery"? I Googled and searched and found nothing, so I have a feeling the answer is "no". But I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, anyway. My recovery is CWM based, latest for Jellybean (number escapes me, at the moment).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Install stock recovery and don't use CWM/TWRP....

But I presume you're rooted and like to flash stuff, so you need that recovery and your answer would be "no".
The Following User Says Thank You to Compusmurf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Romeo Michigan
Thanks Meter: 9
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
I used to have it when I used Darthstalker rom but now using wicked and don't have that msg anymore. Not sure why I like both roms tho. Still haven't had time to try them all lol
17th January 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #4  
pandacookie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Quincy
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriteboost

I used to have it when I used Darthstalker rom but now using wicked and don't have that msg anymore. Not sure why I like both roms tho. Still haven't had time to try them all lol

I had that message on my boot screen with Darthstalker, too. But not with Wicked. Now I just have it onscreen right before recovery boots. Since there are no hacks available to cover that message, I'll live with it. I just think it's ugly. : shrugs:

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #5  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,726
 
4,725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Think it depends on ur kernel. Load stock and u will see message gone.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
18th January 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #6  
pandacookie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Quincy
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

Think it depends on ur kernel. Load stock and u will see message gone.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

On the recovery boot screen?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes