FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Will general KitKat update be the same as Developer Edition KitKat?

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By thedancingbear, Member on 18th January 2014, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The HTC One Developer Edition got KitKat almost two months ago, and we've seen plenty of Sense roms released with KitKat as a result. However, is the official update that's supposedly coming out this month for regular non-developer edition phones going to be any different?

If not, why is there a delay at all?
 
 
18th January 2014, 10:45 AM |#2  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedancingbear

The HTC One Developer Edition got KitKat almost two months ago, and we've seen plenty of Sense roms released with KitKat as a result. However, is the official update that's supposedly coming out this month for regular non-developer edition phones going to be any different?

If not, why is there a delay at all?

Nope, it isn't gonna be any different. Its just taking time because of carrier modifications and many intermediate testing and approval stages. Read the HTC update chart that had come up on the xda portal a few weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 12:59 PM |#3  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,824
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

Nope, it isn't gonna be any different. Its just taking time because of carrier modifications and many intermediate testing and approval stages. Read the HTC update chart that had come up on the xda portal a few weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@thedancingbear
this is mostly right .. but AT&T have never followed the same path and their RUU and updates often include different radio's different hboot different touchscreen drivers and are better suited to AT&T US phones
(more fine tuned if you will). The basic kitkat will be the same but that's about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 01:06 PM |#4  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

@thedancingbear
this is mostly right .. but AT&T have never followed the same path and their RUU and updates often include different radio's different hboot different touchscreen drivers and are better suited to AT&T US phones
(more fine tuned if you will). The basic kitkat will be the same but that's about it.

Don't most carriers have their own radios? I think the hboot will be the same across the ATT & Dev editions. Both are receiving the same update (4.06.1540.2) and have identical hardware.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 01:19 PM |#5  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,824
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

Don't most carriers have their own radios? I think the hboot will be the same across the ATT & Dev editions. Both are receiving the same update (4.06.1540.2) and have identical hardware.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The Developer Edition has already been updated 2 times
(their at .1540.3 now) and The carrier updates are not the same as the developer edition ..different radio / different build.prop / different drivers
Same basic kitkat features .. yes
18th January 2014, 01:25 PM |#6  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

The Developer Edition has already been updated 2 times
(their at .1540.3 now) and The carrier updates are not the same as the developer edition ..different radio / different build.prop / different drivers
Same basic kitkat features .. yes

Hmm. Nice to know..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes