[Q] Worth exchanging my Nexus 5 and 150euros for the Note 3?

Search This thread

dazkyl

Jan 23, 2011
I found this guy that wants to exchange his note 3 for my nexus 5 but i will have to add 150euros cash along with the nexus 5.

Do you think it is worth ? I love the pure android on the nexus 5 , but i love bigger screens. Also no bloatware is amazing on the nexus.

Can i make a note 3 really something near the nexus 5 (talking about software)(bloatware,etc)

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
I think it depends on you. You can remove bloatware. You can even load GEL on the phone like I did. But does what you're losing from nexus 5 matter more or less than what you're gaining with note 3?

To me, s pen, bigger screen, nicer camera, better speakers, and longer battery matter more. I won't get Android first but I have a nexus 10 for that.

My 2 cents. Just to tease you, Iattached photo of note 3 with GEL. ;) uploadfromtaptalk1390051418967.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390051434244.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dazkyl

Jan 23, 2011
I think it depends on you. You can remove bloatware. You can even load GEL on the phone like I did. But does what you're losing from nexus 5 matter more or less than what you're gaining with note 3?

To me, s pen, bigger screen, nicer camera, better speakers, and longer battery matter more. I won't get Android first but I have a nexus 10 for that.

My 2 cents. Just to tease you, Iattached photo of note 3 with GEL. ;)View attachment 2523841View attachment 2523842

It looks very clean. Nice ! I love OTA updates , and the material and build of the nexus 5 , i just love it. But the big screen and better camera really turns me on !! I'm so confused.

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
My philosophy is that OTA is nice but along with being first comes bugs. And no matter how much people trash touchwiz, it's the most popular. If people are still buying it, really isn't that bad. It also adds elements to OS you don't get with Vanilla Android. My buddy has one and just like the HTC One I ogle the hell out if the build. But this Black Note 3 is tremendously nicer in hand than my old note 2, so it's not as bad. At the end of the day they all have cases on them. Note 3 does feel nice though.

dazkyl

Jan 23, 2011
My philosophy is that OTA is nice but along with being first comes bugs. And no matter how much people trash touchwiz, it's the most popular. If people are still buying it, really isn't that bad. It also adds elements to OS you don't get with Vanilla Android. My buddy has one and just like the HTC One I ogle the hell out if the build. But this Black Note 3 is tremendously nicer in hand than my old note 2, so it's not as bad. At the end of the day they all have cases on them. Note 3 does feel nice though.

And what about the camera ? Is it really a good move to exchange my nexus5 + the 150euros cash for a brand new note3 ?

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
And what about the camera ? Is it really a good move to exchange my nexus5 + the 150euros cash for a brand new note3 ?

The camera, to me, is phenomenal. There's a thread with samples in it, but the camera on my phone definitely trumps my point and shoot now. No reason to have a point and shoot when your phone has a camera like this. It's definitely better than the Nexus 5's camera.