Root / Unlock Stock Rogers S3 with 4.3 Update

Search This thread

b_rad_1983

Nov 19, 2010
I've been searching all over but I didn't really find a simple answer. Is it possible to root or unlock a stock S3 with 4.3 update?

I have read how downgrading bricks your phone, I read that Knox prevents Odin from working properly......

If it can be done in a simple fashion please send me the link or put the instructions here.

Thanks!

ChinDaChin

Dec 17, 2013
I rooted my phone using cyanogen installer. This was after the 4.3 OTA. (I did the OTA update during Thanksgiving, and rooted my phone at the start of December).

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If you're on stock 4.3 and you root your phone, it will trip the Knox counter and void your warranty.

I installed a pre-rooted ROM from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426 via Odin. The Odin method will wipe your phone and all of the internally-stored data and apps.

To carrier unlock the phone running stock 4.3, you'll need to buy a code. Sometimes, you have to revert to a stock ROM in order to enter the unlock code.

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
Well I root an s3 yesterday, and I cant find the post anymore.

on 4.3 CF root method didn't work.

So I tried a method from a post that I can't find.
Basically, from the stock 4.3 Bell rom :
- install samsung usb drivers
- flash the latest TWRR ( I used : openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-d2att.tar) via odin 3.7 through PDA box.
- Then I put on the internal storage : UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0.zip.
- reboot in recovery TWRP (vol up and home)
- flash those two zip.
- reboot

and I was rooted, go to the play store and update superSU.

I run titanium backup to be sure, and it worked.

For the unlock, I didnt find anything, I guess we have to pay the unlock code, which is kind of expensive, around 20 - 30$ usd.

My htc one S was only 5$ ...

Reactions: mahesh72

mahesh72

Mar 9, 2014
this method worked fine for galaxy s3 at&t i747 for root

- flash the latest TWRR ( I used : openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-d2att.tar) via odin 3.7 through PDA box.
- Then I put on the internal storage : UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0.zip.
- flash those two zip.
- reboot

For the unlock, I didnt find anything, I guess we have to pay the unlock code, which is kind of expensive, around 20 - 30$ usd.

thanks rooting s3 i747 at&t success, before i try to root with cf not worked after long serch this post helped me alot thankyou, then i easily unlocked the phone with z3x box which is we need to buy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- flash those two zip.
    - reboot