ARHD - Autobrightness

OP surrealjam

17th January 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 60

322 posts
Hi all

I am using ARHD 33.1 currently and I find the auto-brightness levels a little high. I want to use auto-brightness but just tone it down.

I have read that this is possible by adjusting some XML values in the framework-res.apk - as per this guide. It also looks like jotha made a flashable zip for the old 2.15 base.

I'd prefer not to manually make adjustments if possible. Is anyone aware if an existing mod exists for the latest Sense 5 ROMs?

Thanks
surrealjam
17th January 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 118

232 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealjam

Hi all

I am using ARHD 33.1 currently and I find the auto-brightness levels a little high. I want to use auto-brightness but just tone it down.

I have read that this is possible by adjusting some XML values in the framework-res.apk - as per this guide. It also looks like jotha made a flashable zip for the old 2.15 base.

I'd prefer not to manually make adjustments if possible. Is anyone aware if an existing mod exists for the latest Sense 5 ROMs?

Thanks
surrealjam

Yes in lyapota modpack there's an agressive mode option. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37097534

Don't forget nandroid backup first.

Or you can use an app from market like lux.
Last edited by donkyshot; 17th January 2014 at 11:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to donkyshot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

322 posts
Thanks. I couldn't seem to get that to install when I tried last night. Will maybe take a look when I have a bit more time!
18th January 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

322 posts
Even though I wanted to avoid using another app, I cut my losses and went with Yet Another Auto Brightness off the market. I've used it in the past and cannot beat its simplicity.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread