Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update

Tip us?

MrKite4
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChargerGurl View Post
I actually made this thread because of all i was hearing bout it soft bricking the phones. I didn't wanna update it if it wasn't worth it. Well I did it anyways yes I did do it once with a soft bricked then restored it like i said in a thread earlier & was successful
I just realized you said you didn't install the new update, I had to restore the phone with the LG flash tools then I rooted and installed the update and it worked fine, but with this update the freegee method doesn't flash CWM.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

garcijua
Old
Thanks Meter 8
when i use Lg flash tool i get DOWNLOAD fail 639s. but i have the stock ROM and it works fine. just wondering why? it says fail once it gets to 100%

Neroga
Old
Thanks Meter 511
It does that on the LG-E970 (Optimus G) as well. It fails to wipe the user partition which is why you have to do it yourself afterwards. Nothing harmful. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Neroga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SDChargerGurl
Old
(Last edited by SDChargerGurl; 18th January 2014 at 02:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKite4 View Post
I just realized you said you didn't install the new update, I had to restore the phone with the LG flash tools then I rooted and installed the update and it worked fine, but with this update the freegee method doesn't flash CWM.

Hmmm thats weird... Idk... What are you getting from freegee like what is it saying? After I used freegee I used the the app xRecovery & was fine...

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium HD app
Attached Files
File Type: apk XRecovery.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.95 MB, 4 views)

SDChargerGurl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcijua View Post
when i use Lg flash tool i get DOWNLOAD fail 639s. but i have the stock ROM and it works fine. just wondering why? it says fail once it gets to 100%
Idk why it does that cause I get the same thing & everything works so I just go with it... Loool

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to SDChargerGurl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]