5,605,685 Members 48,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] In need of ROM and HELP, MT6589 GT-I9502 (Samsung S4 Clone)

Tip us?
 
petesimon
Old
#11  
petesimon's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 82
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oklahoma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalstriker View Post
It is 1Gb because it has actually 2 Same rom for 2 different flashing programs. ...
I C. Wow this topic "can't find a custom rom for i9502" is very popular!

Clever you found the system.img file to be useful. Damn those Russians are f'cking sh't up in a good way ! I took only one semester of college Russian, and I wish I knew a lot more so I could read the forums. I suppose flashing Gapps through recovery mode or something like that would be beneficial. But I don't have experience with that. What version of android you running? I saw the very first post of this thread there was no "brand" or "device" or some other strings. Is there a manufacturer or brand or other good strings in the phone? I attached an output of my /system/build.prop as an example. If you could get more detail from build.prop or by another way then the information may be of use. I found some more files linked in the Russian I9500 forums. I don't know what they are or do, but have you tried these?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B41w...1kVkdRMlE/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B41w...JqWVdXZkE/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B41w...NtczkxYnc/edit

Thanks for the mention of Omni rom. I didn't know about that before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jiayu-G4A-buildprop-textoutput.png
Views:	74
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	2509673  
The Following User Says Thank You to petesimon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Criticalstriker
Old
#12  
Criticalstriker's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Minsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesimon View Post
I C. Wow this topic "can't find a custom rom for i9502" is very popular!

Clever you found the system.img file to be useful. Damn those Russians are f'cking sh't up in a good way ! I took only one semester of college Russian, and I wish I knew a lot more so I could read the forums. I suppose flashing Gapps through recovery mode or something like that would be beneficial. But I don't have experience with that. What version of android you running? I saw the very first post of this thread there was no "brand" or "device" or some other strings. Is there a manufacturer or brand or other good strings in the phone? I attached an output of my /system/build.prop as an example. If you could get more detail from build.prop or by another way then the information may be of use. I found some more files linked in the Russian I9500 forums. I don't know what they are or do, but have you tried these?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B41w...1kVkdRMlE/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B41w...JqWVdXZkE/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B41w...NtczkxYnc/edit

Thanks for the mention of Omni rom. I didn't know about that before.
Well, as you see my location I live in Minsk (belarus - so you can call almost Russia) but my russian is very bad, like pre-intermediate and still it hurts my eyes when I try to read cyrillic letters
Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=JOP40D
ro.build.display.id=JDQ39.I9502XXUAMDF
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.linux.1374758407
ro.custom.build.version=20130627V004
ro.build.version.release=4.2.2
ro.build.version.sdk=17
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.2.1
ro.build.date=2013年 07月 25日 星期四 21:22:27 CST
ro.build.date.utc=1374758547
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=linux
ro.build.host=XzServer
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=GT-I9502
ro.product.brand=SAMSUNG
ro.product.name=wingtech89_we_jb2
ro.product.device=wingtech89_we_jb2
ro.product.board=wingtech89_we_jb2
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=SAMSUNG
ro.product.locale.language=ru
ro.product.locale.region=RU
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=
ro.build.hardware.version=
ro.build.customer=
ro.build.innner.version=
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=wingtech89_we_jb2
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=wingtech89_we_jb2-user 4.2.1 JOP40D 20130627V004 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=SAMSUNG/wingtech89_we_jb2/wingtech89_we_jb2:4.2.1/JOP40D/20130627V004:user/test-keys
ro.build.flavor=
ro.build.characteristics=default
# end build properties
As you see, I dont have anything useful in my build.prop because clever chinese friends thought they will trick customers by writing samsung there in the phone's build.prop but anyways, I will try to port cyanogen on my own, I'm a backend web developer but no experience on android so it will be good way to start, I think.
About Gapps, I read on some forums people can't update their google play store and other gapps because they are pre installed in system so they can't be updated.
But I'm afraid that when I update gapps they wont work and I'll have to pick whats necessary again and again so I'm kinda tired.
The one thing I'm happy with the phone is that battery is godlike. Survives 1,5 days and my previous phone (Note1) was like 10-12 hours a day barely. Now I'm happy but I dont know what'll happen in future.
 
petesimon
Old
#13  
petesimon's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 82
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oklahoma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalstriker View Post
Well, as you see my location I live in Minsk (belarus - so you can call almost Russia) but my russian is very bad, like pre-intermediate and still it hurts my eyes when I try to read cyrillic letters
ro.build.fingerprint=SAMSUNG/wingtech89_we_jb2/wingtech89_we_jb2:4.2.1/JOP40D/20130627V004:user/test-keys
[/CODE]
ro.build.fingerprint looks good. I searched that and got a videos and file:
I like the hearing ♫ music in the video even though I can NOT see or read anything in the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf_2tYz7dvU
http://www.4shared.com/zip/zvDlwfsvc...ooted-cwm.html

Are any ROMs on needrom.com working and an improvement on your phone?

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to petesimon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Criticalstriker
Old
#14  
Criticalstriker's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Minsk
Yeah i downloaded it as well but never tried. I think i will give a shot tonight. Thank you for trying to help man much appreciated. I wish all the Chinese phones came from same ROM so it would be so cool but its a dream that I'm aware of

Sent from my lame GT-I9502 using xda app-developers app
 
Criticalstriker
Old
#15  
Criticalstriker's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Minsk
Im so happy about the battery of this phone for real

Sent from my GT-I9502 using xda app-developers appClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389955171470.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2521478
 
petesimon
Old
(Last edited by petesimon; 18th January 2014 at 02:55 PM.)
#16  
petesimon's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 82
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oklahoma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalstriker View Post
Im so happy about the battery of this phone for real

Sent from my GT-I9502 using xda app-developers appAttachment 2521478
wow nice. push the uptime limits woop woop! try to get more than 24 hours uptime and on battery without charging! maybe turn off "location" settings under system Settings and under Google Maps. Google Maps and Google Services and sometimes Wifi are real battery eaters

*EDIT* forgot to say -- You're very welcome. I enjoy tinkering with these things. I don't like MS-windows on phones! and iPhones are expensive! hell no! I was so happy to know Google released a smartphone with Linux in 2008 or '9. and I am awaiting arrival of a chinese boat offshore USA filled with electronics so I can get my JXD Android gaming tablet and connect it to my TV. Cheers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes