[Q] fixing file associations

18th January 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I really like the music player I got from F-Droid called Vanilla Music player. Then interface just makes sense to me. But it seems not to be recognized as a player by my Verizon GS3 ICS phone's OS. When I tell Dragon Mobile Assistant to play a song, I get a pop-up asking which player to use, with an option to set the choice as default. The original players from Samsung and Verizon are there, as well as a podcatcher I installed, but not the music player I like to use. Originally, I thought it might be because I side-loaded it through F-Droid, but I found the same one in the Play store and installed it, and the problem persists. Is there a way to force Android to recognize the player as a possible option for playing music so that I can select it as default? Or even a way to set it as default in the first place? I can use the settings in Application Manager in settings to remove apps from the list of possible default apps in the popup dialog to select the default, but I'm not sure how to add an app.

Thanks in advance!
18th January 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 174

870 posts
More
Maybe clear cache for dragon? It might have cached what players were installed when you first ran it. Other than that I'm not sure. Reinstall dragon or there's something about the vanilla player that isn't coded properly in one of the 2 apps I'd think.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread