Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchscreen problem

Tip us?
 
brapicoco
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 553
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
@MakaMika Sorry to say but you can join us here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540950

Anyway, still some chance to fix this touch screen problems with a software, a good new FW which we wait for it but I will not wait until that and I will send the phone back to the store when you bought it a tell them to fix it or replace with a new device, like I did. The phone still under warranty and should be issues free and it's not so you have the rights to send it back. Sony Service will decide if repair or replace.
Yo eclyptos, have you checked the sony forums? one of the mods replied that a software fix that will cure our ****ty problem will be released in the next update. Cross fingers for that.

My problem occurs even when browsing pictures, swiping in the pattern lock and gaming especially Shooting games like CK2
The Following User Says Thank You to brapicoco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MakaMika
Old
#12  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by brapicoco View Post
Yo eclyptos, have you checked the sony forums? one of the mods replied that a software fix that will cure our ****ty problem will be released in the next update. Cross fingers for that.

My problem occurs even when browsing pictures, swiping in the pattern lock and gaming especially Shooting games like CK2
Is that for sure dude?but what if it is a hardware issue?
 
eclyptos
Old
#13  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 615
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaMika View Post
Is that for sure dude?but what if it is a hardware issue?
This hardware issues can be managed via software that is why we wait for that FW. BTW we are not sure when and how and if it's hardware or software related but new FW should definitely help. They are aware about this issues and they point the FW in that way to fix it.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MakaMika
Old
#14  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
This hardware issues can be managed via software that is why we wait for that FW. BTW we are not sure when and how and if it's hardware or software related but new FW should definitely help. They are aware about this issues and they point the FW in that way to fix it.
Hmmm,I see.You know im really confused now o_O
 
eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 18th January 2014 at 03:00 PM.)
#15  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 615
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaMika View Post
Hmmm,I see.You know im really confused now o_O
Me too. I try to clarified, Sony never confirmed it's a hardware problem of they touch screen. People has different Touch Screen issues, someone when touch the aluminium frame the Touch Screen start working well again, someone else don't have that but have problem scrolling pages or opening the phone with pattern even if they touch the aluminium frame or not. So here is the confusion, who have to touch the aluminium frame to let working the Touch Screen saying it's a hardware related (kind of wrong phone sealing) and others who have the problem even when touching the aluminium frame or not saying it's a software related. Many said also after the update to 4.3 the touch screen get worse, like mine. Now do you understand the confusion? Many send the phones back via warranty, many waiting for a FW pointed to fix this issues. Developers are aware about this Touch Screen problem so they try to fix it, even if seems hardware related, with the release of the new updated FW .114, .124 or 136, who know?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MakaMika
Old
#16  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jan 2014
Yes,I get you.mine works well when touching the aluminum frame.I guess after all i should return it,didnt even enjoy the few days of having it
 
ffp.
Old
#17  
ffp.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 278
Join Date: Oct 2011
Are you sure that a hardware problem can be solved with software update? I mean, i know that software can turn around some issues, but this is not certain
 
eclyptos
Old
#18  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 615
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp. View Post
Are you sure that a hardware problem can be solved with software update? I mean, i know that software can turn around some issues, but this is not certain
Exactly, we don't know this yet. We have to wait for a new FW pointed to fix this problem. If they do it's a software issue.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaMika View Post
Yes,I get you.mine works well when touching the aluminum frame.I guess after all i should return it,didnt even enjoy the few days of having it
You definitely should send it back. The FW I think it's the last chance.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes