XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Blue Tooth Keyboard/Dock for Nexus 7

Tip us?

convolution
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Default Blue Tooth Keyboard/Dock for Nexus 7

I got my Nexus 7 mainly with the purpose as a laptop replacement where I can also use a stylus to annotate pdfs. Now, I don't like using the on screen keyboard because it takes up like 1/3 of the screen, so I decided to get a bluetooth keyboard from here

It has built in rechargeable batteries that charge through USB. The package came with a micro usb cord, but it didn't come with an outlet adapter, so you have to have one yourself.

The battery lasts for pretty long. Not as long as the claimed "55 hours", but still lasts 35-40 hours.

The keys are kind of small, even for my dainty hands. You'd have to finger peck the keys. The cool thing is that if you have Swiftkey 3 (or was it 4?), the autocorrect function makes everything you type correct, and the autocorrect is pretty accurate. I bet I can get about 30 words per minute.

The keyboard seems to be made from aluminium, and it's pretty light. It doesn't have a dock in the sense that it has a connector that charges your N7, but it does have a little indent where you can rest your tablet, so it acts like a stand of sorts. The indent is a little shallow, so your N7 might tip over if you press on it too hard, IE: to draw on it. I have to take the N7 off the keyboard and place it flat on a table in order for me to draw on it.

It also doesn't fit a tablet with a case on it. You can still slip it in, but it will be a little longer, and it will rest slightly tilted to one side. The slot on the keyboard is wide enough to accommodate the tablet with case, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to convolution For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rmito92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Would you recommend this keyboard??? I'm planning on buy something like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

drewmey
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm not him, but I have this keyboard. I would recommend it, but with a caution. I think it is great for light use typing. Just be aware that it really is tiny. Don't expect to be able to type as fast as you do on a normal keyboard. SwiftKey autocorrect a lot of stuff well as mentioned. If you are kiwifruit not getting a full sized keyboard, it is great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app