Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [MAYDAY]Phone fell into water, touch not working?

OP liverpool4lyf

13th January 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Im going to try and give as much detail as possible.

My samsung galaxy ace s5830 fell into the toilet two days back. I immediately removed the battery, sim card, sd card and put it an a bowl of rice for 48 hrs. I am running The Ultimatum a cm 7.2 based rom for the ace.
So first when i was turning the phone on it was showing the Samsung logo and the Samsung screen after that but then getting stuck on a black screen.
Recovery opened fine, so i reflashed the rom.(i noticed here in aroma installer that touch wasnt working)
This time the phone booted up, but in safe mode!
So while its working absolutely fine, the touch is not working!!!
My phone has fallen into water before
last time it fell i had taken it to a local repair shop and he'd changed the digitizer.
Is this another digitizer issue?
Is there any hope for my ace??
Any solutions, ideas tips anytging will be most welcome!
Thanku for all your help because im not getting a new phone if this one is gone
Put my phone back in rice for now
Once again thanks
15th January 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpool4lyf

Im going to try and give as much detail as possible.

My samsung galaxy ace s5830 fell into the toilet two days back. I immediately removed the battery, sim card, sd card and put it an a bowl of rice for 48 hrs. I am running The Ultimatum a cm 7.2 based rom for the ace.
So first when i was turning the phone on it was showing the Samsung logo and the Samsung screen after that but then getting stuck on a black screen.
Recovery opened fine, so i reflashed the rom.(i noticed here in aroma installer that touch wasnt working)
This time the phone booted up, but in safe mode!
So while its working absolutely fine, the touch is not working!!!
My phone has fallen into water before
last time it fell i had taken it to a local repair shop and he'd changed the digitizer.
Is this another digitizer issue?
Is there any hope for my ace??
Any solutions, ideas tips anytging will be most welcome!
Thanku for all your help because im not getting a new phone if this one is gone
Put my phone back in rice for now
Once again thanks

my brother i would say suggest you to take it to samsung customer care
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee

my brother i would say suggest you to take it to samsung customer care

thanx for the reply man
it means a lot

But my PHONES WORKING!!!
left it for 6 days in rice!!!
working perfectly!!
Its such an amazing feeling!!
ACE IS BACK to LIFE!!
18th January 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpool4lyf

thanx for the reply man
it means a lot

But my PHONES WORKING!!!
left it for 6 days in rice!!!
working perfectly!!
Its such an amazing feeling!!
ACE IS BACK to LIFE!!

oh man sorry i dont know how this rice trick did not came into my mind but it works good as it worked for you
and have fun with your ace buddy
18th January 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #5  
soralz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 159
 
654 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Galaxy Ace is pretty durable too. Probably 2nd gen of Nokia 3310
http://gadgetstress.com/2012/03/sams...e-stress-test/
18th January 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soralz

Galaxy Ace is pretty durable too. Probably 2nd gen of Nokia 3310
4026

hahaha yeah sure seems so
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes