Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 39,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted, but can not install the OTA update 4.06.1540.3?

Tip us?

z3atl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Rooted, but can not install the OTA update 4.06.1540.3?

All - i rooted my ATT HTC ONE, installed the stock 4.4 Kitkat Sense 5.5 ROM and TWRP Recovery.

Then i received the notification for 4.06.1540.3 update. But after downloading, the phone rebooted into recovery and doing nothing.

I also tried download the zip to the phone and tried to flash the zip but also failed.

How should i install this update? Please advise. Thanks in advance!

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3atl View Post
All - i rooted my ATT HTC ONE, installed the stock 4.4 Kitkat Sense 5.5 ROM and TWRP Recovery.

Then i received the notification for 4.06.1540.3 update. But after downloading, the phone rebooted into recovery and doing nothing.

I also tried download the zip to the phone and tried to flash the zip but also failed.

Reflash stock recovery of your current base

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant)
HBOOT 3.16 S-ON
1.56.720.6 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to n1234d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,049

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3atl View Post

If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Messinger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Ugh. I cannot restore stock recovery to my rooted HTC One Developer's Edition. I can install CWM and TWRP with no problem. But flash the stock recovery and all I get is the red exclamation point.

S-ON
HBOOT 1.55.0000
CID: BS_001

I cannot get OTA updates and I get Error 155 when I try to return to stock using RUU.

Maddening.

Are there any suggestions as to how to get to where I can receive OTA again? I can't believe how difficult it has been to restore the stock recovery.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 891

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messinger View Post
Ugh. I cannot restore stock recovery to my rooted HTC One Developer's Edition. I can install CWM and TWRP with no problem. But flash the stock recovery and all I get is the red exclamation point.

S-ON
HBOOT 1.55.0000

I cannot get OTA updates and I get Error 155 when I try to return to stock using RUU.

Maddening.

Are there any suggestions as to how to get to where I can receive OTA again? I can't believe how difficult it has been to restore the stock recovery.
did you hit power and volume up at the red triangle screen?
that's how you get to the menu
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,049

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messinger View Post

S-ON
HBOOT 1.55.0000

Maddening.

As cIsA said, the raid exclamation mark you got is the first page of the stock recovery. Stock recovery is not intended for user so you have to make the power +volume trick to access the menu.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot