XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help on buying modifiable At&t SGS 4

Tip us?

carlosjcar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Help on buying modifiable At&t SGS 4

Im Looking to buy an At&t SGS 4 On Popular bid Site and the listing says its an MDL software stock Version. I can provide the item number if Xda allows it. Just need to know if Its ok for root and Loki and stuff.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2273
If it's mdl you're good to go to root it, put a custom recovery on it and flash roms with Loki.

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Like jd said, you should be good. I do suggest you read ALL of the information available about it in these forums before you buy it, so you don't end up being one of the people that didn't read and now need run back here to have people fix it for you. You definitely don't want to be one of those people. There are already way too many of them. So read up, learn, plan, buy, modify, and enjoy.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2273
I second what Scott says because it's going to want to update itself the minute you get it and if it does you'll be sorry. If it was me the first thing I'd do is put a custom recovery on it and a custom Rom to keep it from updating. Read all about that before you even turn it on. Also, look for how to keep it from updating. There are files you can freeze.