Help on buying modifiable At&t SGS 4

OP carlosjcar

18th January 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 17

227 posts
More
Im Looking to buy an At&t SGS 4 On Popular bid Site and the listing says its an MDL software stock Version. I can provide the item number if Xda allows it. Just need to know if Its ok for root and Loki and stuff.
18th January 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,983

11,365 posts
If it's mdl you're good to go to root it, put a custom recovery on it and flash roms with Loki.
18th January 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 815

2,064 posts
Like jd said, you should be good. I do suggest you read ALL of the information available about it in these forums before you buy it, so you don't end up being one of the people that didn't read and now need run back here to have people fix it for you. You definitely don't want to be one of those people. There are already way too many of them. So read up, learn, plan, buy, modify, and enjoy.
18th January 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,983

11,365 posts
I second what Scott says because it's going to want to update itself the minute you get it and if it does you'll be sorry. If it was me the first thing I'd do is put a custom recovery on it and a custom Rom to keep it from updating. Read all about that before you even turn it on. Also, look for how to keep it from updating. There are files you can freeze.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread